Scratch Remover ,Body Clips advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photo%20Oct%2023%2C%205%2021%2037%20PM.jpg

Photo of damage scuffs From some A-Hole

Some a-hole cut a corner short in the parking lot and swiped/scuffed my red '13 Corolla. The a-hole seems to have smeared the corner nose of my bumper with at least the grit covered sidewall of his SUV tire. Note the offender has not been caught.

It was indeed more than a scuff in that it pushed/snapped two push in type black circular body clips , one is very small diameter from the edge if the wheel well and the other is the larger more common kind from the black underbody about the diameter of a nickel. Any push clip sources???

No plastic was creased or dented inward but they are notable scuffs left behind... noticeable. I can't tell if the scuffs are light colored due to the clear coat scratched or if it's really down to the primer. The scuffs are barely detectable with fingernail but are detectable. Any reccomended scratch/rash remover products??? I know about scratch X but maybe you guys know of a real good 3-M or other professional level product!?

You can, you don't necessarily have to but I did (waited to do it will I did the next wax). The ultimate compound is a little thick for my liking so I did slightly water it down. Stuff likes to dry quick. Its about $10 for a bottle that's.. 1 sec I'll check the bottle 15.2 ounces. Tons left in the bottle.

If your doing it by hand you will need to put in some arm force but yes. It worked well and I was pleased. The scratch wasn't horrible but it was definitely noticeable. I was pleased with it.

Its available in most retail stores might want to look into it.

I've removed scuffs worse than that with the Meguiar's ultimate compound and their DA polishing wheel which attaches to a common drill. Worked great. I did ultimate compound, then ultimate polish really smooths things out, wax after that. For scuffs that small, probably 10 minutes start to finish.

Seem to be some deep scratches cut through the clear coat. Those would be difficult to fix without repainting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back