Scissors Jacks - Quality

I recently bought a 2021 Ford Escape.
It has no spare tire, just an Inflator and Sealant.

I will soon be getting a full size spare tire and will need a Jack.
By my calculations, the Jack needs to be minimum height of 4 1/2" and max (working) height of 13"

Looks like I will need a Scissors Jack because a Bottle Jack would be to tall.

Question: Are ALL Scissors Jacks made in China and of questionable quality ?
Amazon has prices ranging from $25 - $50
Scissors Jacks being what they are, alot of reviews are negative.

I figure I may only need it once (or twice), but still would like good quality.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Screenshot (2154).png

Screenshot (2149).png

I would buy one from a brand name I have heard of before. Pro Lift (aka Shinn Fu) or Big Red (aka Torin). If I wanted to splurge, there are military surplus H1 humvee scissor jacks on ebay, i think they go for >$300 though.…

Was a spare tire an option? If so, I would find the jack and tools that came with that. Ebay or junkyard if new is too much. There will probably be a place in the car to store them too.

The owners manual has no mention of a jack? The older model had a place for it. On the Prius Prime I noticed they have the jack under the back seat, accessed through a door below the seat cushioning. A jack should be a Ford spare part for the last years model and maybe there is still the place where it goes like last years.

When I bought my 2012 Mustang I was able to purchase a true spare tire kit for it. It was a space saver kit but still much better than the emergency inflator the car came with. And it bolted right in.

Back