Scientists just broke the record for the coldest temperature ever recorded in a lab

I don’t know of course. If all energy that makes up matter, whatever that is, stops, then it disappears it seems to me. It isn’t just freezing, all sub atomic activity stops. At that exact point, time as we know it stops too. No changes of state. Nothing exists anymore like in the physical world we are in. I don’t think there is a vessel, light, or anything else existing. Unexplainable, as there can’t be a way to ever experience the exact point of absolute zero. Just seems like it would be like that. If anything exists, the atomic makeup is not dead, is it? So there is motion or something changing...
If absolute zero is when all motion or change stops, and time also can be defined as when change of state stops, they both happen when absolute zero is achieved. If the definitions are correct...
How do phase (state of a substance) changes affect time and how would time affect changes of phase?

It does take time for a substance to change from one state (phase) to another, depending on the local conditions, but why would time stop if the universe is at an absolute temperature of 0K?

Phase changes are the result of thermal energy transfer:

Last edited:
I don't remember if I asked this here before or not...... If the atom is the smallest combined particle of matter. And all stuff is made up of atoms. And electrons are part of atoms. And electricity is described as the flow of electrons..... Then why can't I put a pile of electricity on the table, just like I can other "stuff"?

Back