Schaeffer's Simplex Supreme in Kubota

I have a Kubota 2620 with a front end loader. I'm due for my 250 hour THF change. Has anyone used the Schaeffer's Simplex Supreme oil in their tractors, and what were the results? I have considered the dealer sourced Kubota Super UDT2 and the Schaeffers. I'm just looking for a little feedback on anyone that has used this oil before. I know, I could use any THF oil that can meet the specs, but I have narrowed it down to these two. And I can't source Chevron. Not looking for "I use this or that" response, just responses on the 2 oils that were mentioned. Feedback anyone?

How much is the Schaeffers a gallon?

With your tractor being hydrostatic, I would stick with the factory fluid. If cost is an issue, you should be able to use mineral UDT given its age (ie what the factory fill was then.) Technically they are backwards compatible so no worries. $18 vs $22 a gallon here.

Is this the stuff and is this the price you’re getting it for?
1C8251AB-A7FD-4E22-84D9-8A8F54174A87.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. I am seriously considering this over the factory Kubota (Valvoline) oil.

Really good stuff. I almost became a Schaeffer rep but a certain virus killed that. Plenty of testimonial videos on u.tube...one that stands out to me - little or no wear after 20,000 hours in logging equipment.

Really good stuff. I almost became a Schaeffer rep but a certain virus killed that. Plenty of testimonial videos on u.tube...one that stands out to me - little or no wear after 20,000 hours in logging equipment.
I can't think of anything I'm less impressed by than a bunch of testimonials, especially on YouTube. Usually that makes me run away rather than being a favorable deciding factor. Anybody can post anything they want and say anything they wish to say for whatever reason they wish to say it.

After reading for hours about compatible HST fluids for Kubota Super UDT², I found the risk was not worth the reward. I'm sure prices have changed, but my last change the dealer price was $105/5 gal. The outrageous price they charge for filters is another subject. IIRC, the total cost of the HST change was ~$300 for 10 gallons and filters.

Other than the Cost Schaffers is a high quality lube . Some of the big Farms around here use is as I can see the containers when I drive by their shops. . I use one of the THF from the majors.. Shell Mobile Chevron etc. Quality oil with proper maintenance intervals are the secret to long life. What we need to remember is maintenance prolongs the life but won't stop parts from breaking.

Other than the Cost Schaffers is a high quality lube . Some of the big Farms around here use is as I can see the containers when I drive by their shops. . I use one of the THF from the majors.. Shell Mobile Chevron etc. Quality oil with proper maintenance intervals are the secret to long life. What we need to remember is maintenance prolongs the life but won't stop parts from breaking.
The thing about Schaeffer's is that you can safely run it a bit longer than competitors' lubes; this makes it on par or less expensive in many cases.

They also have a program to sample oils to help owners figure out the condemnation time in order to extend safely.

After reading for hours about compatible HST fluids for Kubota Super UDT², I found the risk was not worth the reward. I'm sure prices have changed, but my last change the dealer price was $105/5 gal. The outrageous price they charge for filters is another subject. IIRC, the total cost of the HST change was ~$300 for 10 gallons and filters.
I'm kinda leaning towards your way of thinking. But the viscosity of Super Udt2 is so low @100c compared to the other "Universal" THFs had me concerned.
The majority of the work of my Kubota is 2900 RPM, wide open, mowing with a 6 ft finish mower, In 70 to 90° weather. Believe me that little diesel with that hydrostat is HOT when I'm done mowing.

I would stick with the Kubota fluid. The Super UDT2 is a synthetic fluid. I did the change on my Kubota B2620 and bought the 4 gallons of Super UDT2 and the filter kit from Messick's website. Much cheaper than my local dealer.

Back