Schaeffers 5w-40 or 15w-40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 07GreyLBZ
So other than cold flow, what is the benefit of the 10W-30 HDEO over a 15W-40? I remember reading an article about how OTR trucks overhaul mileage jumped from 300K-400K to 1M miles or more simply with the use of a 40W instead of the 30W. The way my business is, this truck will have to last me longer than I had originally thought. I'm sure that dnewton will chime in. He seems to know his facts with the 10W-30 and seemed happy with it and has UOA's to prove it.

I've seen the same article, but I believe it was in reference to the comparison of straight 30 weight (many years gone past norm of OTR trucks), and how it related to overhauls, to the introduction of 15W40 in the applications that we know today. Oil technology has come a long way.

Originally Posted By: salesrep
http://www.heavydutytrucking.com/library.asp
Dec. 09 page 30

That site has some wicked sound effects for viewing the pages...Maybe BITOG should have some plugins available, kinda like power point with the swipe sound and whatnot.
lol.gif

Thanks for the article. So with that information, what about the Amsoil 5W-30 HDD in a heavy duty environment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back