Schaeffer's 132 Moly EP OK in new engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

Have a '04' Lexus is300 with Lexus/Toyota’s older proven 2JZ-GE in-line six-cylinder engine and has 700 miles and my break-in thus far has been with different speeds,both back roads and highway,not holding any one speed too long.

Lexus recommends 5w-30 and did see a recent UOA on Toyota's 5w-30 factory fill which had some moly (96) which relates to my question. I'm thinking of changing the oil/filter using Chevron 5w-30, (think also now has moly),this week at 800-1,000 miles and wondering if you would recommend adding some Schaeffer's 132 Moly EP.I did a search but couldn't find anything about adding this to a new engine for break-in.Know it maintains or raises oil viscosity and understand also has moly and friction modifiers

Also thought between 2000 to 2500 miles would change over to synthetic,either GC or M-1 10w-30,which I thought either one in my area (Maryland) would hopefully be a good choice..Thanks for any thoughts

EJ,

I would wait a little while with the #132. Go the 3,000 miles with the factory fill and change it with the dino du jour. At 5K-6K you could add the #132 to Mobil 1. Mobil 1 has good basestock but a weak additive package.

#132 will raise the viscosity level of the oil. Mobi1 1 is a good choice for the #132 since it tends to run "thin" for its respective weights.

The GC is going to be thick compared to the M1 and has a good additive package of its own. I would not add #132 to the GC.

You have a great car with a great engine. The oils on the market today will run 300,000 miles in that engine. Why mess with adding anything to an already great oil?

Use Pennzoil at the appropriate viscosity and sign up for the Pennzoil 250,000 mile, 10 year warranty. Never have to think about oil again for the life of the car.

Well, this is what I use in my I-5 Volvo high pressure turbo. It has given me the lowest wear rates to date.

1 oz 132
2 oz Lube Control
1 Quart Amsoil ATM (substitute M1 if you’d like).

The benefits of 132 are it’s Antimony and It’s synthetic carrier. The moly is negligible.

I dumped a bottle of this in with Schaeffer's Supreme 7000 10W30 last time I changed oil on my 3800 V6. Noticed no real difference as opposed to just running 4.5 quarts of oil with no additive.

BTW, what is the benefit of additional antimony? What's the advantages or science behind using this compared to most other popular additives that add a good dose of moly?

I'm kinda dumb when it comes to what additives do what in oils, so help a n00b out please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back