Schaeffer 0132-023S Moly EP Oil Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give it a shot.
I've used it in the past. Really good AW additives, not much moly.

Use google, better than the site search.
Several discussions on this product should pop up.

It's good product for older engines which are worn or oil burners. Unlike the name it has very little moly, its claim to fame is the Antimony it contains.

Originally Posted By: gr8gatzby
Anyone with experience using this stuff?

Schaeffer Manufacturing Co. 0132-023S Moly EP Oil Treatment

30 5 star reviews on Amazon.

Searched BITOG prior to posting this and did not see any mention.
I'm on a neverending search to reduce the 1qt per 2k mi oil consumption on my 2006 XC70 with 144k

Thanks.

Have you tried a real good stop leak yet ??

When was the CCV system last checked, cleaned or replaced ??

(Some engines block up and some do not if you use good oil changed at the right interval and not overfilled)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
It's good product for older engines which are worn or oil burners. Unlike the name it has very little moly, its claim to fame is the Antimony it contains.

Ditto!

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Well discussed here 10 years ago. Very thick - recommend cutting with LC20.

Oil thickners are a waste of money, as it would be cheaper just to move up a grade.

Kind of difficult to figure out the final result of using a thickner and a thinner!

Originally Posted By: UltrafanUK
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
It is an EP additive, not just a thickener.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/476168/1

It only has 24 ppm of Moly and no extra Boron or Zinc, so the anti wear side is a bit weak. Seal conditioners don't show up too well in a VOA and major brand oil companies don't seem to use Antinomy in their oils.

Quote:
Moly 25
Phosphorus 120
Zinc 10
Antimony 64

Vi @ 100c 220

What you don't see is this type of analysis is the base fluid that is the carrier.

It has ZDDP, and Antimony as AW additives. The Moly is at a level for friction modification.

RenewaLube and other companies involved with bio-synthetics use Antimony as an AW additive at this level of concentration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back