Santa Help Needed: Android Tablet or Chromebook for Internet Surf Only?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all for the awesome assistance!! She's a bit of a luddite when it comes to tech, so doesn't need the most recent whiz-bang unit. After brief research and guided by suggestions here, I decided a convertible Chromebook was the way to go. Convertible means touchscreen but also has a physical keyboard, and convertible also means it can fold 270 degrees or so which is going to be an important ergonomic factor as she likes to sit in recliner and this will let it sit in the 270 degree position where she can use touchscreen and the base of the unit folded underneath the screen at 270 degrees serves as a base/pedestal on her lap. She also sits on bar stool at the countertop of the island cabinets in kitchen and there she can fold it into position as a traditional laptop and set it on the countertop to use. This particular model is white in color and she'll like that. It's only 1368x768 res but that should be okay, main thing I sought was the IPS screen which has good color dynamics and gradients for the price point.

I'd rather it be 802.11ac but it does have the older 802.11a which will be fine since our home internet service is subscribed to only 100 Mbps anyhow, and our TP_Link AC59 dual band router does 802.11a at either 150Mbps or 300 Mbps depending on ranging challenges in the house.

Given what I asked for gift wise speaking, the cost of this unit, in combo with other things I'm picking up for her, will keep me within the spending guidelines we agreed to for each other this season.

Without further a due, Here it is:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GM2J11Q/

Lenovo Chromebook C330 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop, 11.6-Inch HD (1366 x 768) IPS Display, MediaTek MT8173C Processor, 4GB LPDDR3, 64 GB eMMC, Chrome OS, Blizzard White

Chromebook is the way to go. I have no problems printing to my Network Printer over wifi with my Chromebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back