safest place to buy a used Ipad 2 (16g wifi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
as the title states, I am looking to pick up a "new to me" ipad 2 (16g wifi) for work. I see so many on craigslist but am always leery as I am not very computer savy. I've seen them priced $225-$300 but the refurbished ipads on the apple website are all over $300.

Anyone have any advice on obtaining one in my price range $200-$275?

I've had great success with eBay using my PayPal account. What I did was to browse the listings carefully looking for private owner listings claiming lightly used units with no scratches that were always (as an example) used with a screen protector and inside the factory case. Here are some examples of my purchases.

iPad 32 GB with ATT wireless and Apple leather case. This was barely used, shows no scratches or defects and the seller included the original Best Buy receipt. We do not use ATT so I just turned off the cellular wireless.

iPad 16 GB came with Apple docking keyboard and two extra screen protectors. Again, perfect condition with no scratches or defects.

I also got my wife a Toshiba Thrive Android in perfect condition with Toshiba leather case and screen protector.

All three arrived with free shipping included within several days of the purchase. The Toshiba was around $165 and the iPads were around $220 to $250.

I seem to have good luck watching listings on holiday weekends when more people may be out doing things other than watching their computers. I type in the maximum I am willing to pay and only bid when there are about 20 seconds left on the action. The system increases your bid like $2.50 at a time so you only pay your maximum if you are continuously outbid.

I have read although the size of the mini is great, they are not as fast as the full sized ipad and don't have as nice of graphics as the ipad 2.

Originally Posted By: wn1998
I have read although the size of the mini is great, they are not as fast as the full sized ipad and don't have as nice of graphics as the ipad 2.

That might be true of a mini and a new iPad with retina display, but I doubt it is true between a mini and a 2.

The mini has the same processor as a 2 and the mini actually has slightly higher pixel density than an 2.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipad/compare

I have a mini and I certainly don't find it lacking in speed or screen quality. I haven't had it long, but I am pretty impressed so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back