S&W & Ruger stop selling guns in California

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JerryBob

I think you're safe in Florida. The place is full of conspiratorial nutjobs.

Hahahaha,, I resemble that remark...

Just kidding. I'm the opposite. I don't see conspiracy anywhere.

Let's assume the law is implemented for discussion sake.

In a crime in a shooting exchange with police cartridges are recovered.

No firing pin marks are discovered on the primer.

So who shot what? Are the cartridges from the police or from the criminals?

Let's further assume data is collected from crimes for 5 years that show no primer marks were ever recovered. I am sure the politicians will then remove the law and other ridiculous law from the books!
mad.gif

Quote:
The patent holder of microstamping tech, Todd Lizotte, was part of a Department of Justice study team which concluded that, “legitimate questions exist related to both the technical aspects, production costs, and database management associated with microstamping that should be addresses before wide scale implementation is legislatively mandated,” according to the study which was published in the Association of Firearm and Toolmark Examiners (AFTE) Journal.

Looks like even the patent holder is not convinced of the efficacy of his invention.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Originally Posted By: jorton
Instead of gun bans, there must be a way to get lobbys involved in prosecuting offenders who used a firearm on another person.

That would turn very ugly very fast. Lots of prosecutors looking to make a name for themselves already with future political aspirations. Don't give them another tool. I can only imagine how many people who legitimately defend themselves could have their lives ruined by an over zealous prosecutor with an agenda or dreams of getting a cushy elected position.

Why would a court of law allow a clear case of self defense to be twisted into some crazy prosecutor's self indulgent gain? If a prosecutor is found to be trying to do such an act, then he should be executed right along side the people who clearly commit crimes with firearms.

Read the history books...there are tons of cases where people were put on trial and railroaded for political gain, and not just in the distant past. Prosecutors and judges have agendas at times.

And there have been people put on trial for legal shootings because they have altered their guns making them "less safe".

Last edited:
Microstamp removal kit, available everywhere:

riffle-file-Brain1.jpg

I wanted to put up a picture of a "flat bus terd file" but the censor even blanks out .jpg's with keywords. Ugh.

Last edited:
Honestly microstamping is worse than a typical useless feel good law. Criminals can collect spent cases, mine, yours....at shooting ranges and conveniently leave them at crime scenes. Even if they let me go after awhile............what a waste and the criminal is long gone.

Also they do NOTHING to address the actual crime being committed. They MAY (big may) be able to aid in solving it, but that's debatable. All a person has to do is:

A) Use a pre-stamp semi auto pistol

B) Alter the pin slightly so as to render the stamp ineffective

C) Use a revolver, rifle, knife, baseball bat, car, ect...

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Since their is not a single gun made that complies with micro-stamping laws, requiring micro-stamping is a defacto gun ban.

That's it. You said it all right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back