S&L in a different package- same result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
This pretty much sums up the bail out of Phony and Frauddy (that's hilarious VeeDubb, as is your signature!):

Thanks Drew, but I wasn't joking
wink.gif

Yep, up up and away.....until the next round of write downs.

Originally Posted By: VeeDubb
This pretty much sums up the bail out of Phony and Frauddy (that's hilarious VeeDubb, as is your signature!):

wink.gif

Yea, but as we've seen, more write downs = more govnmt money! We're in so much debt now, I just want to know the affects of all these bailouts with funny money 10 years down the pike...
15.gif

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see what the dollar and gold do as a result of this (at least in the short term). I'm guessing gold will further tank and the dollar will rebound even more as these bailouts are great news for The People's Bank of China. They'll be happy to buy all this paper.

It's hard to predict right now. A global recession would be big time deflationary and burning the midnight oil on the money presses offsets that. Personally, I think deflation is much worse because I don't like 1933 style melt downs. Give me a choice and I'll take a 70s meltdown any day. That's why I like the fact that Bernanke is having his lackeys pump money into the system.

It'll be interesting to see what the dollar and gold do as a result of this (at least in the short term). I'm guessing gold will further tank and the dollar will rebound even more as these bailouts are great news for The People's Bank of China. They'll be happy to buy all this paper.

Not sure on this one either. Bailing out FF means that U.S. credit rating will be compromised which can weaken the dollar. So it could go either way. Personally, I think it is better for us to have a weak dollar because as consumer spending collapses, we need exports to support our economy. I don't know why that genius Larry Kudlow is always pushing for a strong dollar. It's the worse thing that can happen right now.

FYI, the dollar bullish ETF (UUP) was down about 1/2% after hours late Friday after the bailout was announced.

wink.gif

Yea, but as we've seen, more write downs = more govnmt money! We're in so much debt now, I just want to know the affects of all these bailouts with funny money 10 years down the pike...
15.gif

Step right up, folks! You can experience the benefits of the future TODAY!!!

Since some have no current ability to manipulate temporal mechanics in a productive way, they just compressed the normal evolutions that one might expect to experience in ..oh, let's say 20 or 30 years of "leveling off" into a sensible economy in semi balance with other, co-developing, global interests. That is, experience 30 years of profits and put it to do your work now ..and then experience 30 years worth of socialized bills too.

The future is now!! See how easy it was?

Gary, slightly off topic, but in case you think central bankers and their stooges are all elitists, consider the strategy of making these announcement on a weekend. You have all kinds of wealthy hedge funds and market movers long on commodities and non-U.S. equities, while betting against FF and U.S. financials. When the overseas markets open Sunday, these guys get hit hard and they can't cover by selling their U.S. positions until Monday morning. So they unload their commodity positions which ultimately tames speculation and inflation. That gives the Central bank more flexibility in monetary policy to prop up U.S. equities. It is a massive transfer of wealth from rich hedgies to Joe six pack homeowner and his 401K.

Miyagi say, "best defense is no be there".

So, are you bolstering how this scam has produced co-benefit in distributing a higher shake down rate on foreign interests? (I don't speak Wall St. economics ..only read the effects in absolute value).

It's sorta along the standard forte of things. Maneuver yourself (the "other selves") into a corner where a totally painful and costly remedy is the "best worst outcome" in your only escape route.

I find it all very "prêt-a-porte" ..except that you need to template it (the concept) over a kung-fu action movie in economic counter measures in a match that you never had to engage in to begin with.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
wow, it just doesn't make sense to pay your bills in this country for the past few decades. I've seen people file bankruptcy, have maxed out credit cards, and way too much house than they can afford. all to be bailed out.

Stupid me was in the position a year and half ago but the wife and I worked both over 80 hours to get out of it. Stupid me.. but I despise any form of help from the govt.

Again, I can't speak Wall St., so what I gleaned is that someone is getting taken to the cleaners (do you think that the lowly tax payer "of those who pay taxes on "accumulations"" was the only one shaken down?) that they're somehow parking it in something that they'll raid later on in this "nationwide" leveraging" of whatever I put away for the rest of time.

I can do nothing wrong. I can pay every bill I ever had with cash and accumulate no debt. I can improve my house and "behave" like a good citizen ..

..and a bunch of clowns GETTING THEIRS just swindled me out of it and used it for their idea of what was good for them.

How hard is that to see??

Now you're telling me that "oh, they've thrown you lower dwelling slobovics a bone" ...as a consolation
54.gif

We never had to be here to begin with, pal. My "life equity" was just leveraged without my permission ...and I'm ANGRY.

It's hard to predict right now. A global recession would be big time deflationary and burning the midnight oil on the money presses offsets that. Personally, I think deflation is much worse because I don't like 1933 style melt downs. Give me a choice and I'll take a 70s meltdown any day. That's why I like the fact that Bernanke is having his lackeys pump money into the system.

Printing mooney does not change the underlying reality that is causing the recession: a shortage of oil. It only seves to prop up the banks at the expense of middle class people who have been saving all their lives, and at the expense of people who are on salary, and will be getting less value as a result.

Hey, I really should look on the bright side. When I get totally debt free in a few years ..I can say that I suffered much less than the suckers who went all in. I lost much less ground.

It's just a matter of perspective.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: oilyriser

Printing mooney does not change the underlying reality that is causing the recession: a shortage of oil. It only seves to prop up the banks at the expense of middle class people who have been saving all their lives, and at the expense of people who are on salary, and will be getting less value as a result.

Sorry, but the shortage of oil was not the reason for the recession.

And yes, inflation sucks and doesn't "cure" the recession. There are no free lunches. I'm talking about how we want to take our lumps.

Gary, I hear what you are saying. From a bigger perspective, we are all going to get reamed. All I am saying is that given that we are already in the toilet, at least our current policy makers are choosing the little guy over rich hedgies. Small consolation, I know, but it could be even worse.

Update: all U.S. futures are up big time. Dow futures up 250. A lot of hedgees who shorted U.S. financials will be jumping out of windows tomorrow as they walk into margin calls.

Last edited:
..but VeeDub ...hmmmm...oh ..never mind. I really don't think you care to see the total dark comedy mockery of sensible economic governess that the whole population has been subjected to.

I keep pointing out the crime and you just don't seem to engage in the topic.

This whole "slightly less than a decade" shake down is just too much to ignore and "go about your business as though nothing is FUNDAMENTALLY un-right".

Not hammering on you (really) ..but one time we had this sorta discussion, you point out that the flaw was in derivatives ..meanwhile the whole Titanic was doing slaloms through the icepack. Now that it's struck one, you're rattling off how there's a consolation prize in the loss.

I don't get it
21.gif

Surely you've see the Emperor's New Clothes.

Gary, we have engaged plenty and I've concluded that we will never see eye to eye so what's the point? I don't ignore sh$tty, situations, I just choose to acknowledge them and then move on, while trying to figure out how to adapt to them. If you want to be outraged, that's fine. I don't think it will help, but I acknowledge your right to feel pi$$ed. If we lived near each other, maybe I'd bring over a few bottles of Jack Daniels and we can go into a depressed drunken stupor about it, but it ain't nearly as fun doing it over the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back