Runway tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone heard or them?

Looks like they are a part of Giti tires of China. I was told Sumitomo makes them but I really don't think they do.

Likely junk and not worth it.

Sumitomo's own Falken tires are a much better value for the money, they only cost a little more but are much much better.

I ask because I was told Runway were made by Sumitomo, however since this is unture I will be returning some tires.

Have they already been installed? Are you sure they'll take them back?

The major brands often have "buy and try" type protections where you can return them if you don't like them. I'm not sure the cheaper brands have than kind of protection.

The Runway website doesn't say anything about a return policy. In fact, it says almost nothing at all.
http://www.runway-us.com/runway/us/

I've seen them locally as well, but in the mystical "tire pile."

I mounted one up with no weights whatsoever (this was before I got my balancer) and it was great for a while then went out of balance.

Sumitomo probably trained someone three employees removed or something.

mutiple mistakes by a normally good shop, one of which was they told me these were made by Sumitomo. since they are in fact not Sumitomo tires I agreed to they will be taking them off the car.

The other issue was they only installed 2 new tires and I paid for 4, unfortunatley my wife didn't check before she left the shop. I called them up and they are going to meet with me later in the day.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dparm
Those aren't made by Sumitomo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giti_Tire

Sumitomo is Japanese, Runway is Chinese.

Excatly, The tire shop I had them installed at told me they were, since they are Not I will be returning them.

I have had Sumitomos in the past, so I thought these would be the same. disapointed I was mis-informed.

I went back and the manager suggeted changing the tires out after I handed him a print out of all the tire brands Giti makes (runway).

I ended up with the Hankook H727's, as they looked like a good tire on tirerack.

Ahhh good choice, I'm running some Hankooks now and like them just fine. Had them a year and 12k miles. Nice tire.

H727 are a very good choice. I have them on the Sonata. They have about 40k miles and I'm happy with them.

Like any long-wearing tire, be especially sure your alignment stays in spec or you could have noisy, unevenly worn tires with tons of treadlife left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back