Ruckus r610

I have a ruckus r610 access point ordered from eBay. I'm going to connect it to a amcrest poe switch and opnsense running on a Dell optiplex.

I plan on running unleashed on the AP.

Anyone have comments on ruckus equipment?

Never heard of the brand before. I've tried AP in my garage & used the same SSID for the house/garage but it seemed to never want to connect to the garage signal. I ended up just using the primary router again. I would recommend having separate SSID's for the AP but this may or may not work out for your equipment.

Fairly old post but those Ruckus APs are rock solid. The BeamFlex tech had me sold. My zoneflex ap is about 10 years now and I still have great coverage. By the way, Ruckus Wireless isn't a new company. They've been out since the early 2000s and had a deal with Netgear to use their beamflex tech in the WPN824 model up to version 2. Eventually, they decided to get out of the consumer market and focus on mainly business customers.

Yeah, it's been up for nearly two months and no issues at all. I have my IOT isolated from the network with the computers.
Highly pleased with this setup.

Back