Rubber hose for Diesel fuel

Looking to add a fuel filter/water separator to my diesel tractor, and a diesel medium duty truck. Not sure if we have any bio-diesel blends here, but may in the future.

What fuel line would be acceptable and not turn to mush or harden over time?

Looking at Gates website it looks like their low pressure Barrier hose would be a good choice for long term reliability.

Looking to add a fuel filter/water separator to my diesel tractor, and a diesel medium duty truck. Not sure if we have any bio-diesel blends here, but may in the future.

What fuel line would be acceptable and not turn to mush or harden over time?

Looking at Gates website it looks like their low pressure Barrier hose would be a good choice for long term reliability.
If you have a local hardware store they usually have some fuel line. You could try that or a tractor or semi dealer.

I found some on Amazon for my auxiliary tank...

Just my $0.02

I've not had great luck with general fuel hose with gasoline. Seems to degrade and dry out and get hard/brittle within 2 or 3 years. ULSD and fuel hose is a bit of unknown for me long term.

After going to local NAPA Gates Barricade 5/16" hose is over $5 a foot for the low pressure version!

Just bought a 25' roll on fleabay for $40! So I'll wait a week to save $100.

Truly I believe that fleabay is the 8th wonder of the world!

I had a 1980 VW Diesel Rabbit. I think most of the fuel line was steel. But there was a short section of flexible hose. It would start out as braided rubber fuel line. A year or two later it would start leaking and when you looked at the fuel line the braiding would be on the outside. Like the outside layer of rubber had just evaporated away. I went through a couple of these short fuel fines.

Back