Rubber Floor Mats - Restore without making slick?

I've got the rubber type Weathertech floor mats in my truck. They're a getting a little worn and tired looking and I'm wondering if there is a product to refresh them that won't make them slippery like Armorall or similar products.

I found that only deep cleaning worked for these things. Harsh chemicals and a scrub with a Scotchbrite sponge. There are detailing products that allegedly don't leave a greasy residue, but they'll still look dirty until you actually get the dirt out of the million little crevices.

Have you tried pressure washing them?

I have and that helps. It's just that the surface gets abraded by the dirt on your shoes and those areas look worn compared to the places that your feet aren't typically on.

It's no big deal, I can certainly live with it. I was just curious if there were some magical space age product that I wasn't aware of.

I put our rubber mats in the tub and wash with a pinch of dish soap. Anything you wipe on to "restore" will leave residue and will look uneven in finish as soon as you use the mats again. Don't recommend.

Try a heat gun to make the surface "glaze over" slightly. When rubber wears down in hot spots, it looks different because you're constantly exposing the new/fresh stuff.

I have and that helps. It's just that the surface gets abraded by the dirt on your shoes and those areas look worn compared to the places that your feet aren't typically on.
I always buy black mats even if the carpet is gray. Black mats don't seem to show their age as much as gray or beige ones do.

From a post I made in Autopia detail forum:

Weathertech Techcare FloorLiner floor mat cleaner/protector is a non slip protectant when allowed to dry on the mat. They state specifically:

•Dries with no residue
•Anti-slip finish makes it the ideal maintenance product for floor liners and mats

It's not cheap @ $25 but comes with a bottle of cleaner and one of protectant. Should last a LONG time.

I just bought some Cerakote for vehicle trim. Never thought to try it on the mats. Maybe I will give it a test.

From a post I made in Autopia detail forum:

Weathertech Techcare FloorLiner floor mat cleaner/protector is a non slip protectant when allowed to dry on the mat. They state specifically:

•Dries with no residue
•Anti-slip finish makes it the ideal maintenance product for floor liners and mats

It's not cheap @ $25 but comes with a bottle of cleaner and one of protectant. Should last a LONG time.
Just saw that for the first time last week.....

Back