Phosphorus, ppm 706
Zinc, ppm 837
Molybdenum, ppm Barium, ppm
Boron, ppm Silicon, ppm-d 4
Potassium, ppm 5
Manganese, ppm 1
Titanium, ppm Copper, ppm Sodium, ppm 468
Vanadium, ppm
VOA's only tell part of the story this being said I do not see any value in using one over the other unless you are getting a PCMO at a substantial discount of one over the other.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
if no consideration for price, RP hands down. Better basestock.

if $ is a consideration, Synpower is a much better deal and should handle 10k OCIs no problem.
Proof? Tech line - HA!

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted By: badtlc
if no consideration for price, RP hands down. Better basestock.

if $ is a consideration, Synpower is a much better deal and should handle 10k OCIs no problem.
Proof? Tech line - HA!

Proof it isn't? Ha.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
For the same money or less, there are many oils available that are arguably better choices than either Synpower or API SN RP.
I'd personally pick PP, but M1 AFE would be a fine choice as would QSUD or Ultra. For 10K drains, I'd use M1, PP or Ultra over either RP or Synpower.
Oil filters?
The Fram Ultra is about as good as it gets while a Motorcraft will be available for your Ford, and these are very well made filters at a value price.
There is nothing all that special about API SN RP or RP oil filters.
Pay no attention to what I've written.
Just surf this site for a bit and then make an informed choice, which is a little more involved than RP vs Synpower.

I've never looked at Pennzoil oils before. Growing up all I've ever seen is Castrol but I refuse to buy anything affiliated with BP. And Valvoline was just what I moved to. But I did some looking at Pennzoil PP Ultra and I really like it so instead of the SynPower I think I'll be using Pennzoil.

Thanks for the reply.

Originally Posted By: CodyG

So, SynPower every 7500 with RP filter it is.

Thanks guys.

The SynPower will clean up the varnish and not blackhole your motor from switching from convention to syn. It may make noise but thats just cleaning and doings its job. If I were you, I would also buy Liqui Moly MOS2 and add half of it every OCI. MOS2 takes 800 miles to work.

MolyB and Titanium don't mix, so you don't have to worry about that with SynPower.

Napa Platinum, Mobil 1 and Royal Purple filters are the best, buy what ever is on sale. I prefer Platinum's then M1.

Tranny fluid: Redline

Fuel Cleaner: Redline SI-1

Originally Posted By: CodyG

Being a college student I can't really afford the RP but once I graduate and get my big boy job, lol, RP it is. I know the SynPower is plenty good enough but just knowing the RP is in the engine will make me feel better.

After graduating and getting that job, I personally would go with Redline instead of RP. RP just didn't measure up after it was compared to the others and for many of us here became a disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back