royal purple sale

15.99 not bad.. I'd buy it for that price if I didnt have a stash.

I dont buy into any RP hype but my biggest "issue" was overpriced for what it is.. a good price negates that fully.

I got a bunch on clearance at walmart a couple years ago.. it was odd pouring in purple oil.

no, it is $25.99 with the rebate... I read the original post as you did but went to Farm and Fleet's website and it is $25.99 with the rebate... :confused:

Bill

opps i should have worded differently $35.99&$36.99 sale price ,, less $10.00 mail in rebate = $25.99 & $26.99 ,still a real good price for decent engine oil,

I dont buy into any RP hype but my biggest "issue" was overpriced for what it is.. a good price negates that fully.
RP was never "hyped", but it sure was hated. Hype is what happens when an oil or certain product are overly loved. RP got the exact opposite.

It was special back in the days when Synerlec was in all their oils, but newer API standards stopped that. Now just the XPR is loaded with the good stuff. Used to be a LITTLE cheaper too!

I certainly inferred that.

As far as outside of BITOG, RP did what any other brand does, they advertised themselves in their best light. Their slogan was "The oil that outperforms". That's simple and easy to understand (as opposed to nano-whatever), and far from any outlandish claim. RP did indeed have a very robust formulation, high film strength, and cleaned very well. Based on that alone, one would think it would have been very well liked here.

Last edited:
I bought a 6 gallon box of RP 0-20 on CL for $60, I’m running it in my Maverick hybrid.

I certainly inferred that.

As far as outside of BITOG, RP did what any other brand does, they advertised themselves in their best light. Their slogan was "The oil that outperforms". That's simple and easy to understand (as opposed to nano-whatever), and far from any outlandish claim. RP did indeed have a very robust formulation, high film strength, and cleaned very well. Based on that alone, one would think it would have been very well liked here.
I used it in both of my Cummins powered Rams (only full synthetic 15W40 HDEO I knew of then), it did great. I’m not sure about the newer oil from the new owners…

Back