Royal Purple, N/A locally, need another choice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I had decided on Royal Purple 75w90 gear oil for my 2000 grand cherokee. I called the parts store listed on RPs website before I drove the 20 miles to get there. WEll, RP needs to update their site, they no longer carry RP at all.

So, I need to find a gear oil that I can get at Advance, Autozone, walmart or NAPA. Most of what I see is Coastal (dino and synthetic). I can also get Mobil 1, Valvoline dino, the pennzoil at wally world and the supertech stuff. There may be a redline dealer around here, but I wouldnt count on it.

Which of the above would be a good choice? I am looking to stay synthetic if possible, with a 75w90.

Thanks!

quote:

Originally posted by askoop:
Well, I had decided on Royal Purple 75w90 gear oil for my 2000 grand cherokee. I called the parts store listed on RPs website before I drove the 20 miles to get there. WEll, RP needs to update their site, they no longer carry RP at all.

So, I need to find a gear oil that I can get at Advance, Autozone, walmart or NAPA. Most of what I see is Coastal (dino and synthetic). I can also get Mobil 1, Valvoline dino, the pennzoil at wally world and the supertech stuff. There may be a redline dealer around here, but I wouldnt count on it.

Which of the above would be a good choice? I am looking to stay synthetic if possible, with a 75w90.

Thanks!

Where you are you may be able to obtain Kendall SHP 75w-90 synthetic gear oil. Although I have not used it, the specs look good.

Another option, if you are inclined to do mail order, is to go with Specialty Formulation's 75w-90 GL-5 gear oil.

Finally, I have heard good results from people using either Redline or Amsoil Severe Gear.

Best of luck

cheers.gif

Bob W.

sorry, its for the differentials...

I think advance can special order redline for me. They carry some engine oil, but no gear oil on hand... I may check with them...

I have nothing against mail order, but if at all possible, I like to buy local... just a personal preference I guess...

Mobil 1 gear oil for the differential would be excellent...Specialty Formulations by mail order would be even better.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back