ROWE Racing oils

German Oil Company ROWE. They produce high quality oil, their 5w-40 fullsynthetik is a darling in the german oil club community. It has deliverd a lot of perfect UOAs in a row.

German Oil Club UOAs : https://oil-club.de/index.php?board/160-5w-40/

ROWE has some racing oils in their catalouge, wich look promising. Fully synth (Group IV / PAO ) + Ester. Modern Additive Pack with lowerd zinc content. Some claimed it looks like a ACEA C3 additive pack. TBN is low, but schould be good enough for several thousand miles or Kilometers in Street use.

VOA:

The price is very high even here in germany, close to 20 Euros per liter, but i am tempted to give the 10w-40 a try in my Honda S2000.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to see their ads in the BMWCCA (BMW Car Club of America) monthly magazine. I've always thought of them as being similar to Ravenol, Liqui Moly, Pentosin, etc. It's competitively priced with US based boutique brands (Redline, Amsoil, HPL, etc).

Hmmm... reading the German Oil Club Forum and digging through their UOAs, it seems to me that ROWE have a little edge over Liqui Moly and Ravenol.

I can hardly recognise any advantages with such expensive products. Unfortunately, some German forums want things that are actually little to no. I am relatively sure to stick with good HC oils myself. Both have advantages and disadvantages.

This oil is hard to find. But i finally found a deal online. 14 Euro per Liter, nevertheless. Roughly 14 US $ / Quart.
I will use it as a "7.5W-40" in my Honda S2000 in 2023.

Attachments

• P1060910(1).JPG
    P1060910(1).JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 52
there surely is a place for botique oils like racing or even track days + if you got the $$$ just because you want to works IMO. i use RedLine gear lubes, expensive but rarely changes + they netted 3 MPG's in my frontier + my "hot rod" a slightly enhanced 1.8 T in a 2001 audi TT 225Q gets Redline oil in its smallish 4.25 qt sump. using better than needed lubes only hurts the wallet while using less than needed lubes can hit the bank account!! been thinking of using HPL lubes in place of Redline-phillips lubes as they are prolly priced + perform similarly

Exactly. Here in germany, dealers charge you about 30 Euros per Liter when you car is under warranty for their OEM Oil. Wich is simply re-labeld Castrol or Shell...
Good Quality Oil from Mobil, Liqui Moly and so on is about 10-12 Euros average here.
Therefore, 14 Euros per liter for the real deal PAO + Ester is O.K., in my Opinion.

Back