Roush Mustang Detailed

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new job has been keeping my plenty busy since I started, which is good. However, it has left me with little extra time to keep the cars clean. I could not and still can not remember the last time I washed this car, let alone the last time I waxed it. I had two days off, and devoted the afternoons and evenings to fix that.

Day One

* Washed the car with Gold Class and a Meguiar's Microfiber Wash Mitt at about 7PM when it cooled off to about 80 degrees. Tires were scrubbed with a brass tire brush and Eagle One All Wheel and Tire Cleaner.
* Waxed in the dark at 10PM with Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax 2.0 when it cooled down to 70 degrees.

Day Two

* Removed the decals on the trunk lid and lower door panels and re-waxed those areas.

I went to my friend's apartment where there was a covered and paved road and carport (no dirt or dust, yay!).

* Wiped the entire car down with Meguiar's M135 (UQD) and a Meguiar's Supreme Shine microfiber.
* Applied BlackWOW to all plastic trim; including the lower, matte black painted area on the rear bumper cover.
* Applied Black Magic Titanium Matte Tire Finish dressing to the tires. (Kind of pricey for the smaller bottle, but I am in LOVE with it!)
* Wiped the wheels and windows down with M135.
* Wiped the inside and outside of the exhaust tips out with M135.
* Gave the driver side a quick vacuuming.
* Gave the dash a quick dusting.

img9376largeedited.jpg

img9378largeedited.jpg

img9374largeedited.jpg

img9385largeedited.jpg

img9380largeedited.jpg

img9379largeedited.jpg

img9386largeedited.jpg

cant see the pictures at work but will look tonight. I am sure it looks great, that is an amazing looking car!

Did you post it on MOL or Autopia yet?

EDIT: Found your post at MOL. Car looks great!

Last edited:
The next time you have two days off, here is what you do.

Day 1: Drive from Northern CA to somewhere around Rapid City, SD.
Day 2: Drive from Rapid City,SD to Wausau, WI and park car in Johnny's driveway.

I will have your return plane ticket waiting for you.
grin2.gif

Thanks you guys! Appreciate the kind words!

Johnny, that is one heck of an idea! How fast would I have to go to make it there in two days? These tires aren't rated for 186+ MPH like my old ones were, hehe
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny
We will have to do it over a three day HOLIDAY weekend. Would not want you to wear out the tires.
grin2.gif

That is one nice looking Mustang.

LOL, I've not had a set of rear tires last more than, IDK, maybe 10K miles? I'd kill 'em on the way there probably :p

Originally Posted By: FiremarshalRob
Nice looking Stang and nice work!
I like the Matte finish gel also. The extreme wet gel I don't.

What performance mods does she have?

Thank you. I used to use their regular tire wet, but the Titanium Gel... Threw out a new bottle of it. Took Super Degreaser 4:1 to get it off. I'm really liking the Matte finish stuff though. Finally was able to pick some up when I drove to the city and remembered that day, lol.

Not too many mods ATM, too big of a payment, lol. Has Spintech SCS333 Mufflers, a Roush CAI and tuned with a Diablosport Predator. I had a BBK O/R X pipe on there for about a week before I had to have it removed as I could be heard from about 5 miles away. CHP almost got me a few times in that week, just idling. More to come when it is paid off though.

Originally Posted By: roushstage2
We will have to do it over a three day HOLIDAY weekend. Would not want you to wear out the tires.
grin2.gif

LOL, I've not had a set of rear tires last more than, IDK, maybe 10K miles? I'd kill 'em on the way there probably :p

HAHA, I'm the same way. I had one guy ask me if I put new tires on at every other oil change. Leadfoot disease can be very costly.

Great job on the detail. I'm planning (hopefully before winter)on throwing my Stang up on some jackstands and doing a full cleaning top & bottom. My wife cannot fathom why I would want to do this and just shakes her head like I'm a crazy person when I talk about it.

I also chuckled at your BBK X pipe comment. I have some Flowmaters welded in the stock catback right now (hoping for a Magnaflow setup soon) and I bought an O/R BBK x-pipe. With the Flows it was the most horrendous, nasty, mind numbingly terrible exhaust sound I've ever heard. At 3krpm it sounded like the insides of the Flows had come completely apart. That x pipe stayed on the car for exactly 26 hours before I pulled it of and put an O/R Pro Chamber on.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AdRock
Originally Posted By: roushstage2
grin2.gif

HAHA, I'm the same way. I had one guy ask me if I put new tires on at every other oil change. Leadfoot disease can be very costly.

Great job on the detail. I'm planning (hopefully before winter)on throwing my Stang up on some jackstands and doing a full cleaning top & bottom. My wife cannot fathom why I would want to do this and just shakes her head like I'm a crazy person when I talk about it.

I also chuckled at your BBK X pipe comment. I have some Flowmaters welded in the stock catback right now (hoping for a Magnaflow setup soon) and I bought an O/R BBK x-pipe. With the Flows it was the most horrendous, nasty, mind numbingly terrible exhaust sound I've ever heard. At 3krpm it sounded like the insides of the Flows had come completely apart. That x pipe stayed on the car for exactly 26 hours before I pulled it of and put an O/R Pro Chamber on.

Thanks, still looks that way right now under the car cover :p

26 hours huh? Beats my record, lol. I want an H pipe, but the catted version is way too much atm.

Thats about as clean as it gets! Top flight detail job. I like the way the side pipes exit. Never seen ones like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back