Rotors + Pads ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

Hi Guys,

I hate the squeaky brakes on my car ... 2011 Cayenne S

I will be looking shortly at replacement, Rotors OEM, ATE ?

What pads ? Hawks, EBC ?
( no oem pads for me don't want squeaks )

My vendor for German stuff only offers Textar for the Cayenne S on the pad side of things. For rotors they have Meyle, Brembo, Sebro, and Zimmerman.

Brembo discs and pagid pads, don't fade or squeal and they stop you FAST
wink.gif

I got new Ate pads and discs few months ago and there is no sign of squeaking. Just use some ceramic paste between caliper and pad to keep it down..

Ceramic pads should be quieter, but if you are tracking the car I would not recommend them. As for rotors, not a big difference as long as the cooling vanes are properly spaced.

Originally Posted By: Ndx
What pads ? Hawks, EBC ?
( no oem pads for me don't want squeaks )

Then you certainly do not want hawk or ebc! Squeal champs of the world IME.

Check out Stoptech. They have a very high performance proprietary pad compound that has been fantastic on my car at road courses and in daily driving. Excellent bite, yet smooth and long lasting. Call David Zeckhausen at http://www.zeckhausen.com/, he has a wealth of experience.

The only trick is if they make one in a configuration for a low volume vehicle like yours...

Last edited:
Wearever makes a nice platinum semi metallic pad for the front and rear, part number PMKD1453 (rear) and PMKD1349 (front) from advance auto. Always some of the quietest and lowest dusting pads around. Built in rubber shims.

Use online coupon code TRT41 to save $40 off , some of the nicest pads aroudn IMHO, although kinda pricey. $71 front, $91 rear = $168 minus $40 coupon = $128.

Their rotors aren't bad either.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Wearever makes a nice platinum semi metallic pad for the front and rear, part number PMKD1453 (rear) and PMKD1349 (front) from advance auto. Always some of the quietest and lowest dusting pads around. Built in rubber shims.

Use online coupon code TRT41 to save $40 off , some of the nicest pads aroudn IMHO, although kinda pricey. $71 front, $91 rear = $168 minus $40 coupon = $128.

Their rotors aren't bad either.

I've been looking at the Wearever Platinums for our '05 Corolla. How would they compare to Toyota OEM? My wife's car and she is hard on brakes. Have always used Toyota parts before. Usually the rotors warp before the pads wear out, but the pads don't seem to last long either.

I am not sure how they compare directly to the oem Toyotas but the Wearever Platinum ceramics are quiet and super low dusting. The Platinum semi metallics still dust a little like seeing metallics do but bite harder I believe. They do not make a Platinum ceramic for the OPs Porsche, just the semi metallic.

AAP spent a lot of money on the Wearever Platinum lineup I think they did a good job.

Centric Premium rotors are a good option, and so is Fremax (also sold under some other names like VGX Platinum)

Akebono Euro pads will probably be your best bet. Wagner Thermoquiet should also serve you well, but I don't know if they make them for your car.

Squeaky from being worn out to the metal or squealers, or since new? wear indicator light on?

Do you want it to stop well, or be quietly dustless?

squeaky since new, common problem.
And they dust ton.

I don't care about dust, but noise is annoying

I'm guessing most of the pads for your Porsche are high friction for that beast since its performance oriented and weighs a ton. You will need to get dedicated quality ceramics to alleviate the squeak, and make sure they have good reviews too.

Originally Posted By: ofelas
I have had excellent performance with PF Carbon Metallic pads & NOS US made Raybestos HD rotors.

I am not knocking them as they do have their following but coinsidently, Performance Friction Carbon Metallic Pads, were the absolute worst brake pads that I have ever used on a vehicle.

They needed to get )))HOT((( before they'd stop the car! The first few stops on cold brakes almost caused too many accidents. Certainly, not for everyday vehicles nor everyday type driving situations, even though they made them for my application.

These threads that reappear over and over about pads are proving my constant assertion the "brake pads are like ice cream, over one million flavors!"

You have to know what you want as performance characteristics in order to choose a pad formula. There are GREAT choices in the aftermarket, but there's a lot of chaff also...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back