Rotella shortage?

Home Depot is where I got mine. They are usually a dollar more expensive than local Walmart and they don’t ship. You have to pick up at your local store after you order it online. But they don’t seem to have problem keeping rotella in stock and you can see how many bottles available at your local store when you order online.

Harbor Freight had plenty where I’m at. The only thing that kept us from getting it was the $19.99 a price tag. That’s the same price it is at the truck stops.

1637467158788.jpg

I love that the product they compare it to is a 2.5gal jug of full synthetic delo.

Yep. I knew they sold Pennzoil but when I was there earlier saw the Rotella and was surprised. Probably going to go back and get it since we need more.
if you need like 6 more gallons, I'd consider just putting it back and trying another more available oil for this OCI, Is the Providence in stock at your local Rural King, it's only $10/gal in 2 gal jugs and 5 gal buckets, to buy a whole OCI worth is the same price as 5 gallons of the HF marked up Rotella.

if you need like 6 more gallons, I'd consider just putting it back and trying another more available oil for this OCI, Is the Providence in stock at your local Rural King, it's only $10/gal in 2 gal jugs and 5 gal buckets, to buy a whole OCI worth is the same price as 5 gallons of the HF marked up Rotella.
I have told dad about that. He doesn’t want to use anything but Rotella he is old school and thinks it will cause issues by switching brands which I have told him isn’t true but he doesn’t want to listen. Last time he used Valvoline Blue or whatever it is but he swears it caused it to use more oil. All the store brands seem to be in stock around and we have found a lot of Delo as well. I don’t think he will change the brand from Rotella.

Yeah we have a huge problem getting rotella t6. Now we are getting what we can for synthetic diesel oil

it’s a packaging problem according to my parts manager

Local Walmart has zero inventory of Rotella 5W-40 for at least the past 90 days.
I found online 5w-40 full synthetic alternative oils though.

Local Walmart has zero inventory of Rotella 5W-40 for at least the past 90 days.
I found online 5w-40 full synthetic alternative oils though.

Same, I bought Amsoil ADO 5W-40 this time because T6 is sold out everywhere around me.

No shortage at my Canadian Tire. Also, I took this photo to show that 0w40 HDEO is common in Canada.

View attachment 78654
They tired it here and it was a pretty big flop, Advance Auto blew out the gallon jugs of Rotella 0W-40 for $5.95, out of the 15 or so jugs of it I picked up, most of them had been sitting on the shelves for years untouched, several were in the old style packaging they stopped using around 2016.

Walmart stores here in CT have been low on all flavors of oil lately...I stock up whenever I see what I need
Parts stores seem to have slightly higher inventory but at a cost.

Stopped by my local AutoZone today in Newington Connecticut for other items I noticed that they had some Rotella on the Shelf the the Blended version T5 and I picked up one jug was only two there I could have bought them both but then my demand for that diesel oil is minimal I use it in my lawn tractor so I left a gallon there for somebody else that's the 15/40 version T5 has on label they did have some straight 30 weight there and that they had the larger 2 1/2 gal. containers of the T5 that's in Newington Connecticut AutoZone on the Berlin Turnpike

Tom B

Back