Rotella shortage?

Walmart changed their website and you can no longer go in and filter out the selections for oil, you can use their search box at the top and put in Chevron Delo 15w-40, for me they show the Delo XLE 15w40 available for shipping, they also show the SDE which is the conventional that would be more comparable to the Rotella T4 available for shipping and pickup in 1 gallon and 2.5 gallon jugs. The Delo XLE 15w40 is $14.97, the SDE is $16.96 & $41.64 for the 2.5 gallon.

I do like their new website overall but they totally did away with all the choices to filter out all of those selections, I guess they streamlined it but now it's just easier to put in exactly what you're looking for in the box.

Went to O'reilly this morning... NO Diesel oil at all, no Rotella, No Valvoline Premium blue, only 1 gallon of Mobil Delvac extreme in 10W30...
They didn't know when they'd get any Rotella...

I was at my local TSC coat shopping. While they didn’t have that, they had a lot of HDEO in many flavors.

The Delvac was on sale and close to WM pricing. They also had a 55 gal from of Rotella that equaled about $14.50 a drum. Between that and their buckets, I don’t get the why anyone would buy them. 1 gallon jugs are easier to manage. Lol.

Our NAPA has everything too. Dad and I bought some 5w40 T6 for his 4.0 Jeep Comanche.

I was at my local TSC coat shopping. While they didn’t have that, they had a lot of HDEO in many flavors.

The Delvac was on sale and close to WM pricing. They also had a 55 gal from of Rotella that equaled about $14.50 a drum. Between that and their buckets, I don’t get the why anyone would buy them. 1 gallon jugs are easier to manage. Lol.

Our NAPA has everything too. Dad and I bought some 5w40 T6 for his 4.0 Jeep Comanche.
Yeah, i couldn't see hefting that big drum on my shoulder or up onto the engine bay :LOL:

Local small town parts store owner told me he was having a hard time finding it and paid 75 bucks a pail to have some for his store.

There's no T6 near us right now and even rotella 15w40 is in short supply. Walmart had a few , but other stores (Tractor supply, Runnings, Parts stores) had nothing.

I went to TS a couple days ago. The oil shelves were bare. Only had a few qts of 5w-20.

Rotella is not a big seller here for some reason. Any 5w-40 is even more scarce. You may have to take what you can get at this point

We have been looking for it for a few months now. My dad won’t use anything else except that. But I did talk him into trying that Valvoline blue stuff last time. However we can’t seem to find either one. And he is under the impression that if you switch brands it will cause issues but I keep telling him that’s not true. We did find some synthetic blend 15W-40 but not enough only two gallons of it. And he has one 2.5 gallon jug we managed to find and then I think 2 regular ones. But still not enough as it takes 10 gallons. Rural King did have the 5 gallon buckets for awhile but he thought since they were yellow buckets that it was old or something different so we didn’t get them. 🤷

Luckily I run supertech oil and filters in everything! I bought enough oil to get me through a year on all of our vehicles! Which is really only 4 jugs and a few extra quarts.
Yep, another great reason I’m not brand loyal. My Rural King has tons of Providence 15w40 and other HDEO on shelves

Both the tractor supply's in my area have not had much of any 15w40 all year. I was there a couple weeks ago and they had gallon jugs of traveller 15w40 and that was about it. No 5 gallon pails of any 15w40.

Rural king on the other hand has had good stock all year. I dont pay much attention to the oil at the auto parts stores around here because they are always over priced.

Back