Rotella shortage?

Has anyone had trouble finding shell rotella, locally? (15W40) Specifically.
Tractor Supply has been out for almost 1 month, O'reilly's only has Valvoline blue diesel oil, not much of it... the only rotella i've found was Quart bottles of 30wt at a true value hardware.❓❓❓❓

Suggestion: buy online at walmart.com and have it shipped?

IIRC sams or costco has it too.

Edit: there does seem to be a shortage but I'm finding most available online.

Last edited:
Tractor Supply has been out for almost 1 month, O'reilly's only has Valvoline blue diesel oil, not much of it... the only rotella i've found was Quart bottles of 30wt at a true value hardware.❓❓❓❓
My rural king has plenty of rotella 15w40 and 10w30 conventional. Even 5 gallons too on the floor

Suggestion: buy online at walmart.com and have it shipped?

IIRC sams or costco has it too.

Edit: there does seem to be a shortage but I'm finding most available online.
1636590285548.jpg

Rotella T 15w40 5 gallon buckets are unavailable to order until January through Paccar. Bulk and drums have been unavailable for about 2 months from are local distributor.

I went to two Wal-Marts and two O'Reilly's in Springfield, MO today, trying to find T-6. None of them had it, and neither of the Wal-Marts had ANY Rotella of any flavor.

Finally got 6 gallons of T-6 at Menards.

I am not a loyal brand specific user. I would buy another brand, probably Supertech 15w-40 or the Valvoline Blue... Whatever I can find without burning up expensive gas finding it.

Same deal by me, none at WM, TS or other big box places. Local Napa says their distributor has none. (they also say getting brake rotors is harder) None at the other local stores. Weird. There are many empty spots on the shelves at all of these places.

I am able to put it in my online cart at tractor supply here. What about using another brand like the traveler?

I use Traveler in the warmer weather.

Heading to Northern Wisconsin in a week and want the better cold flow of the 5W-40 T-6.

All brands are having problems. Many are restricting sales to a percentage of last year. I was told by the plant 6 weeks ago that they would not have motor oil additives until January, then about 2 weeks ago they wrote and said they were getting in a little.
All part of the supply chain issue. what you find today is today only.
And when they get it, the price is not what you are used to.

I have noticed Rotella has greatly disappeared off the shelves as well.

I did source some through Napa.

The general atuto chain stores

Walmart has gotten just a little bit here n there but not much.

Delo & Delvac have been accessible.

Walmart shows the T6 15w40 is available at 2 stores in my area, one has the 1 gallon and the other has 2.5 gallon but yes the regular isn't available here at least not with them.

I don't know current stock but here they usually keep Chevron Delo XLE on hand, you can see if they have the synthetic blend, they used to stock 10w30 but switched over to 15w40 but that was pre-pandemic.

I had issues finding Delvac 1300 recently, but it just took a little searching and patience, and now I have 14 gallons of it.

Rotella is hit or miss on the shelves. HD tends to have it and for reasonable prices.

Back