Rotella 10w30 in a Gas Engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car is in my sig. I usually run 5w30 so I can stock one oil for my fleet. I have the chance to get some gallons of Rotella 10w30 real cheap. Any harm running it in my Mazda3? I am guessing no, as it's a proven HDEO and might be a good fit since I am doing some shorter trips, etc.

Thoughts are appreciated.

That's a good product. If it's CJ-4 (to avoid cat problems), I can't imagine why it wouldn't work.
21.gif

If it's CI-4+, don't use it, but let me know where it is so I can get it for my pre '07 stuff!!
thumbsup2.gif

They market the Shell Rotella T With Advanced Soot Control as "a premium quality, heavy-duty multigrade oil for all-season use in diesel-powered or a mix of gasoline- and diesel-powered equipment. It meets or exceeds the warranty and service requirements of virtually all diesel and gasoline engine manuacturers -- for both newer and older engines. It is recommended especially for all on-highway service applications, and is also recommended for off-highway applications, especially where all-season use is desired."

I'm using it in my wagon currently. I'll probably get a UOA done when I change it. I'm using the newest CJ-4 version. I had it in there all winter and it seems to be fine so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back