Rotating Tires Is Overrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Subaru wears tires so slowly and evenly there's really no point in rotating them. My last set of tires were all down to 6/32" after 63K miles of use without rotations. I managed to get a good deal on some Pirelli P7 A/S tires so I just mounted them and kept the others for spring-fall use. After 24K miles there still 8.5/32" remaining on all four tires without any rotations. So in short, I agree that rotating tires is overrated.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I find it amazing that there's people out there who do this,

I find it amazing that, rather than focus on traffic and what's going on around him, someone would actually sit at a stop light and take pictures of other vehicles tires. It's rather creepy that someone would do that.

+1 Totally agree! Creepy!

Lol people bashing me and thinking it's creepy. Um, no? The rear tires looked older too and were plenty worn, just had tread on them though. I assume they're the same set.

I just can't believe someone would let it get to that point. The car was very clean, recently washed and possibly waxed. Used tires are $20 or less each mounted.

Originally Posted By: gold01ca
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I find it amazing that there's people out there who do this,

I find it amazing that, rather than focus on traffic and what's going on around him, someone would actually sit at a stop light and take pictures of other vehicles tires. It's rather creepy that someone would do that.

+1 Totally agree! Creepy!

Q7qHm9H.png

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: BMWTurboDzl
I generally don't care for posts like this where a picture is taken and then everybody bashes it. Let's face it-tires are expensive, front end work is expensive. Perhaps this guy is a little down on his luck and public transportation is not an option for whatever reason.

GIVE HIM A BREAK!

And after the owner hydroplanes causing a major accident should he still get a break?

He should have insurance. That's what it is for. If the tires look like that-you will collect from his insurance and have a lawsuit if you wish.

If the owner won't spring for new(er) tires, I'm guessing insurance isn't going to be much of a priority either.

Quote:
If the owner won't spring for new(er) tires, I'm guessing insurance isn't going to be much of a priority either.

I agree, I would bet he has the most limited insurance you can get or none at all.

Last edited:
Most states a system where they can check on insurance coverage. He probably has insurance...may be the minimal coverage.

I guess some of us on here on so anal that we have to look at other cars while sitting at stop lights and parking lots.....

Last edited:
On dry surface less tread equals better traction. I had my rear tires down to 1/32" on my S2000 some years ago in summer months, I found that the performance/handling was better than when the tires were new. I could drove at much higher speed when I was on 270 degree on-ramp with bald tires.

On wet surface you do need more than 3/32" tread to avoid hydroplaning, especially when you are on highway at speed north of 60-70 MPH.

This is why we need inspections in this country like in Germany, that vehicle should not be on the road.

Originally Posted By: Rand
I dont find it creepy to take tire photos.. I dont do it while driving though.. just while in a parking lot and see something humorous.

Taking pictures of Bruce Jenner while he is rotating tires on the roadside would be creepy.

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
This is why we need inspections in this country like in Germany, that vehicle should not be on the road.

"Papiere bitte! Schnell machen. And tuck your shirt in so you don't look like a swine at your court martial!"

hotwheels

Agreed.

We do already have more interference than we need here. Or do you want the SS inspecting your stuff?

We have vays of dealing vith you.

Originally Posted By: opus1
Originally Posted By: BMWTurboDzl
I generally don't care for posts like this where a picture is taken and then everybody bashes it. Let's face it-tires are expensive, front end work is expensive. Perhaps this guy is a little down on his luck and public transportation is not an option for whatever reason.

GIVE HIM A BREAK!

And after the owner hydroplanes causing a major accident should he still get a break?

He should have insurance. That's what it is for. If the tires look like that-you will collect from his insurance and have a lawsuit if you wish.

Yep. And good luck seeing a dime from any civil suit.

I see this sh!t all the time in Atlanta. Decent tires are very low on the priority list.

Lol. I saw the police impound a vehicle when I was in Vienna years ago. I didn't realize what was going on until one of the officers took his pen and easily punched a whole thorough a rusted body panel. The owner was not happy but I'm sure he knew the drill.

I'd be open to a road worthiness inspection if we had a well designed public transportation system.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

Quote:

I agree, I would bet he has the most limited insurance you can get or none at all.
And some fine brake pads, made in India, double quick!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back