RIP Chadwick Boseman

I loved him in “Black Panther”. He was excellent in “42”. A great talent. May he Rest In Peace.

I don't know him at all other than the movie but it is sad as he was young.

That's sad to hear though I never watched Black Panther (not a movie person). I lost a 1st cousin at just 34 to colon cancer.

Was he the guy that played the "Black Panther" in the actual movie?
Yes.

He played the same role in “Captain America: Civil War“, “Avengers, Infinity War“ and “Avengers, End Game”.

He also did a great job as Jackie Robinson in “42”. A very talented actor.

Yes.

He played the same role in “Captain America: Civil War“, “Avengers, Infinity War“ and “Avengers, End Game”.

He also did a great job as Jackie Robinson in “42”. A very talented actor.
I'm a huge MARVEL movies fan. BP is the only Marvel movie l have yet to watch. I'm very disappointed Marvel ended the Avengers. I know there are supposed to be some "new" Avenger type movies coming out, but they won't be as good as the originals. :(

Sad to see. Get your checkups and tests as necessary, so these things get caught early!
I'm not sure a normal screening would have caught it. It was stage 3 four years ago so it was found when he was 39 and was growing for a while. It's possible he had symptoms and never went to see the doctor to talk about it. Normal screening seems to be 45 or 50 or even 40 if you have a family history.

Sad to see. Get your checkups and tests as necessary, so these things get caught early!
Indeed, although he wasn't 40 when this was caught! Must have been other symptoms that caused it to be found. Colon cancer screen is what, 50+? [assuming no family history.]

Sad no matter what. I don't know if Hollywood has more movies planned for the characters he played, but whoever follows him would appear to have some big shoes to fill.

I did not see Black Panther, but I did get introduced to the concept of "A Karen" from the SNL skit with C.B.

Big loss, IMHO as a mentor to today's youth.

My Facebook news feed has blown up with his name, I heard about him on the radio, just about every car forum I am on people are talking about him, and driving in to work just now the huge billboard on I-75 has his birthday and death date under a picture of him, and here I sit feeling like I am literally one of maybe three or four people on the face of the earth that have never heard of this guy until now.

He may get a sympathy Oscar nomination for his performance in Spike Lee's latest movie Da Five Bloods. He was OK in it but not Oscar worthy.

My Facebook news feed has blown up with his name, I heard about him on the radio, just about every car forum I am on people are talking about him, and driving in to work just now the huge billboard on I-75 has his birthday and death date under a picture of him, and here I sit feeling like I am literally one of maybe three or four people on the face of the earth that have never heard of this guy until now.
You and me both.

I feel your pain. Its almost like he was a God or something.

Back