rhinogear rhino ramps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bud_One
I've had this 12k set for over 8 years.
I've had 3/4 ton Duramax diesels to riding mowers on them.
Never had any issues.

I have the same ramps. I've used them with my 2500HD as well as my Ram 3500.

Nice price! I've used the 12k units for about 3 years, worked great in my cement garage (not stained or polished though). The ramps were destroyed in a garage fire so I recently got the 16k model, still working great (only 1 oil change on them so far).

good news from the pacific northewest and the land of lincoln.

the metal ones would definitely survive a fire

Last edited:
I've been using my 12k set for a few years now, and they've performed perfectly. The one negative is that their lift height is a couple/few inches lower than my metal ones, so keep that in mind if you need to maximize height.

That's a decent price and well worth it.

Meh...I want to see ArmyTankJack pull his surplus M48 onto a set of Rhinos...

;^)

I ended up going with Scepter ramps from Amazon that don't stack like the Rhinos do, but it seems like lots and lots of people are happy with their Rhinos. I got freaked out after seeing some bad Rhino reviews with pics of collapsed ramps...the caveat is that the Scepters I got had 1/10th the number of reviews.

Bought a set of the 12K from AAP last year on rebate for $31. I was concerned they might slip. But no issues at all on asphalt or concrete. Wish I had bought them years ago. I still use jack stands for back up though.

The 12K ramps are wide enough to barely handle my Camaro's 275/40/17 tires.

Dont ever use rhino ramps on gravel or unlevel surface.. as long as its flat asphalt or concrete they work great.

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
I've had this 12k set for over 8 years.
I've had 3/4 ton Duramax diesels to riding mowers on them.
Never had any issues.

X2,
cheers3.gif

I bought a set of RR from PepBoys a few months ago but I find that they slip when I try to drive up on them just like metal ones.
Does anybody know how to avoid having them slip?

Originally Posted By: pbm
I bought a set of RR from PepBoys a few months ago but I find that they slip when I try to drive up on them just like metal ones.

Maybe try giving the floor a thorough sweeping and wipe the rubber pads on the ramps with a cloth prior to setting them on the floor?

Originally Posted By: pbm

I've found the slippage happens more often with rear wheel drive vehicles than front wheel drive. Logical I suppose considering FWD pulling up on the ramps more than RWD pushing up.

As for question, though no personal experience I've seen several options but the simplest/easiest (after making sure ramp rubber pad surfaces/area clean) to try seems to be using some 'drawer liner' under the ramps. Like the type used in tool boxes, sold at places like Lowes or hardware stores. It's similar to the common rubber waffle weave placemat type material which might also work. Advantage of drawer liner, it can be cut to size. I've even seen old car floor mats under them mentioned.

If that doesn't work there are other more involved options. But seems a cheap place to start.

I'd suggest you google "how to keep rhino ramps from sliding" then click 'images' and check ideas out. The drawer liner idea is in a pic from 'install university blogspot.'

i had thought about the drawer liner as an option, but as i had no experience using it i wanted to be cautious.

with my metal ramps, i have used thick old carpets, but even that can be a bit scary.
what i did with them was place against the lip on the entrance to my garage when i need to work under vehicles for extended times, unfortunately that puts me on the ground outside and with the mercy of the elements.

hope others can chime in on some useful experiences to keep them from slipping.

Last edited:
After reading this thread I bought the Max 16k for $45 at AAP yesterday. Bought the chucks too, not so sure about them.

With wooden staircase designs I go up four ramps often - vertical load transfer pins the ramp. Tried this once with metal and sent one into the street
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: 4WD
With wooden staircase designs I go up four ramps often - vertical load transfer pins the ramp. Tried this once with metal and sent one into the street
wink.gif

are you talking a home made set? can you expand or have a pic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back