Returning Walmart Value Battery

I bought one of those Walmart Value Battery's two months ago for my SUV and have barely used the vehicle at all. It sat for a week without running and the batt was dead. i put a charger on it until it was completely charged and it's still dead. Tested it with a multimeter and all I get is screwy readings. Should I take it back and get another Value Batt or the Everstart ?

I bought one of those Walmart Value Battery's two months ago for my SUV and have barely used the vehicle at all. It sat for a week without running and the batt was dead. i put a charger on it until it was completely charged and it's still dead. Tested it with a multimeter and all I get is screwy readings. Should I take it back and get another Value Batt or the Everstart ?
Everstart Maxx

Get another value battery and check for parasitic drains. Harbor Freight has a little ammeter that plugs in where the fuses go.

I have value batteries in all three of my non-hybrid vehicles and they're great.

the everstart max weighs44.4lbs for a group 24f
the everstart plus weighs 44.4lbs as well
the everstart value weight 44.4lbs............

likely all the same battery with different warranties.

Probably a draw, but I would check the charging system too, and wedge in the highest CCA that will fit. I have solar maintainers on every seldom used vehicle I have, and they are great at keeping batteries topped off.

It is far more likely that they just copy/pasted the specs and got them wrong. Their max batteries usually weigh more than their value line, and (at least those I've bought, a different group size) were made by Johnson Controls, and when you look at the other brands they're sold under, you see different decreasing weights listed for the lower CCA ratings and tiers.

I'd get the Everstart Maxx, partially because Michigan tends to get cold in winter, then I'd make sure to put some miles on it or hook a battery charger up to top it off, before letting it sit for a week, and also check for vehicle parasitic drain. You don't necessarily need a special ammeter widget for the fuse box to do this "IF" you have quality major brand fuses (so they are the correct resistance values), can just measure voltage (mV) across them to determine current... or start with a DC clamp ammeter on the battery cable.

Last edited:
Reactions: FZ1

The Everstart value batt was alot lighter than the old AAP batt I had in it.

Get another value battery and check for parasitic drains. Harbor Freight has a little ammeter that plugs in where the fuses go.

I have value batteries in all three of my non-hybrid vehicles and they're great.
This. A Maxx or other fancy battery isn’t going to fix a thing if your vehicle is draining it down. I’ve been very pleased with the parallel group 65 batteries I retrofit into my Dodge Cummins.

Are they Clarius batts or a different maker ?

Probably a draw, but I would check the charging system too, and wedge in the highest CCA that will fit. I have solar maintainers on every seldom used vehicle I have, and they are great at keeping batteries topped off.
I think I have some kinda electrical problem. Instead of returning the batt I decided to charge it with an old school charger. Once it charged up about half way the hazard lights came on the turn signal flasher started clicking so I disconnected it.

I’d get another value power. I had one on my Camry for 45 months before it died. That’s a miracle in Phoenix for a battery

I have the ValuPower battery in 2007 Corolla----it is lasting longer than OEM and slightly longer so far than the Kirkland Signature Costco battery (also Johnson Control) so far...

So it's good.

I'm not sure if Everstart Value is the same value though....

Back