Reputable brake mechanic Houston, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

im located on hwy 6 and westhiemer, and would like some suggestions on places i could go to change the pads and flush the fluid. my car is a 2004 acura tsx. i was looking at places like brake check and just brakes.

Tuan

I used to work for a guy in Katy that does an honest brake job at a reasonable price. I still go there for non warranty work on my cars and send all my family there also.

Mike's Repairs
1111 Katyland Drive # C (behind the oil change and car wash)
Katy, Tx 77493
281-391-3402

Tell him Nolan sent you.

Nolan,

I contacted Mike, and his pricing was alittle high for me. He wanted 260 for both the front and rear.
Any other suggestions?

Well, not off hand, since he is who I go to. He usualy goes high when he gives a phone estimate just in case.
Unfortunatly, your post title is "Reputable brake mechanic", and those are few and far between, and you tend to pay a little more for them.

I will ask around though.

i am in Florida but I used just brakes one time and will not go back again. they replaced my pads and rotors both were completely worn out in a little over a year. replaced them myself this last time and brakes feel better than ever.

I lived in Houston for several years in the mid-late 90s and found Richmond Auto Repair to be very fair and honest. As a poor student at the time, they really got me through some tough predicaments with my old Subaru. Trustworthy diagnoses, solid work, fair prices and great customer service are what I remember.

Richmond Auto Repair
8703 Richmond Ave (between Fondren and Dunvale)
Houston, TX 77063-5630
(713) 781-8746

Its an Acura, price is high
dunno.gif

Be careful of the "brake franchises". I find their quality to be as good as quickee lubes. If you don't believe me, check the BBB and do an online search for brakecheck/justbrakes/.....

If $250 is too high, do the brake job yourself.

I think 260 is a bit much for just labor, as im bringing in my own parts. The dealership is charging 250, and I would think an independent should be cheaper.

tuan have you thought about doing it yourself? At least the pads? maybe let them flush it and do the pads yourself it is really easy. when i did mine i bought all the materials and tools (started from almost nothing) and still saved easily over a 100 bucks from my cheapest quote. You can buy a haynes manual for your car for around 15 bucks and that will show you everything you need to do your brakes yourself. The pads were VERY easy to do. Getting the rotors off on mine was very hard because the chain place that did them the first time put lock tight on some bolts that didnt need them (thanks just brakes!) but the pads are so easy that if you do them yourself you will think paying someone to do it is a real rip off. And you will know that the job was done right! JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back