Replaced TYC with DENSO FTF 453-5019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I replaced the cabin air filter in my '08 Subaru Forester X last night. It had been in 12 months and the car sees mostly city driving. The old filter is a TYC 800075P (about $10 on rockauto) and the new one is the DENSO ($19.63). I kind of figured I was replacing it early, but from the looks of the old one I'm glad I did the job at 12 months. I might even start doing it a little more frequently.

TYC 800075P
IMG_1402_zpsmihrs10o.jpg

IMG_1403_zpsgzbhtkf2.jpg

DENSO FTF 453-5019
IMG_1401_zpsm111qcum.jpg

Comparison
IMG_1404_zpsthgu7jyz.jpg

IMG_1405_zpstp2ieqv8.jpg

Changed cabin air filter on 2009 Hyundai Sonata today myself. Wix part out and identical Wix part in. Don't see much difference between OEM, TYC, Wix parts. All made in S. Korea for this vehicle -- probably same facility! For me, changing the filter every 10-15K miles (12-18) months works pretty well. By 18 months, it's not too dark but full of leaves, bugs and other junk.

Last edited:
Does that bit plastic circle serve any purpose? Seems like it would interrupt airflow for no good reason.

The eBay product guide says it's US-made, but of course they can always change suppliers, or even use multiple suppliers at once.

I like the cabin filters with charcoal in them to take out the odors. The ATP RA37 is less than $20 with Amazon subscribe-and-save (free shipping, too)

Originally Posted By: anl0109
Changed cabin air filter on 2009 Hyundai Sonata today myself. Wix part out and identical Wix part in. Don't see much difference between OEM, TYC, Wix parts. All made in S. Korea for this vehicle -- probably same facility! For me, changing the filter every 10-15K miles (12-18) months works pretty well. By 18 months, it's not too dark but full of leaves, bugs and other junk.

They might even be the same filter
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back