Replaced MT fluid on my daily beater

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what the previous fluid was, this is the first time I replaced the MT fluid since I bought it about 2500 miles ago. The old did not look old so I doubt it was FF, as the clutch worked OK and it has 179K miles on th it. Anyway, I went with this syn gl4.
I will let you know how it works in a couple of days or use. $17 a quart.

I buy a lot of my parts, etc from summit racing. Been using them over the past 20 years. That's where I got the fluid

Originally Posted By: KingCake
Don't the prisms have sep differential oil for the manual transaxles?

I believe the 3 speed auto have separate diff.

I just did the same too, on my new to me 1998 F-150. The guy at the independent trans shop did a drain and refill with Mercon ATF, even though mine is a 5 speed manual.

He told me the old fluid was "black" and probably the original fill, but could not find any other issues. He told me I lucked out.

Originally Posted By: nwjones18
That is some nice fluid for an 02 Prizm.. Sure it will serve you well. Any reason you used that over say Pennzoil Synchromesh?

Was ordering parts, etc from Summit and I was going to get redline MT fluid when I saw this, just wanted to try it. I he no preference. [censored], I may replace this fluid after 40k miles with the super tech 75w90

Originally Posted By: barkingspider
I buy a lot of my parts, etc from summit racing. Been using them over the past 20 years. That's where I got the fluid

It's good to know they can get all of the AC Delco FLUIDS as well as the hard parts.
wink.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back