Replace soap dish in shower

My daughter just purchased this house and the soap dish is in terrible shape. The rest of the bathroom is OK. I would like to replace the soapdish. The screw on the bottom is corroded and does not come out. Thoughts on how to get this out and where to get a replacement for this

30906FBE-412A-4C71-94B1-3E932E9AEEBF.jpeg

47933863-B9D4-4E40-BEC1-B230E4293911.jpeg

Home Depot seems to have several stainless style dishes to choose from. I would look for one with drain holes vs solid. Many are ship to store vs available at store.

That looks like the type where there is a mount that you glue or screw to the wall then the dish with the cover plate snaps on over the mount and the screw just secures it to the bracket. If they glued it you might try using some heavy fishing line and trying to get behind the bracket working it back a forth to see if you can cut the glue. If the dish is screwed to the bracket and the bracket is screwed to the wall you may have to drill the screw out and cut the caulk to get to the bracket behind. I am betting it is glued because most people dont want to drill a tile and take a chance it breaks.

Attempt to drill out the screw, if that doe not work, get you will have to pry it off, and bend the supporting bracket that mounts to the wall. WD40 will work well hear, or Ballistol. I would not rule out the possibility of tile repair.

Back