Repairing Bumper Fascia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to repair the lower front bumber fascia(chin area) on my daughters mazda3 as she has hit the curb/stop in the parking lot at the court house where she parks. She never noticed how many times she has hit this curb stop. She thought that she was only mildly scrapping the bottom/underneath of the front fascia chin portion. She doesn't hit the curb anymore now that she has realized what has happened and is more cautious.

There are a few cracks in the plastic/ureathane and some paint missing showing the black primer underneath. I don't want to replace the whole fascia as this may in time, happen again, ya' never know! I just want to scrape away the loose paint, putty in the area to make it smooth, sand, prime and paint. Maybe even shoot a light coat of CLEAR, we'll see! Also, I will be only using cans of spray paint, primer and clear, nothing professional, just the cans from the parts stores.

But, can anyone tell me of any particular automotive body repair adheasives that are used to fix where the plastic is cracked/join them back together? There is nothing falling off here and everything is solid!

When I paint the bumper cover lower chin area, I am just going to dust in the primer and paint so that it matches well enough(after of course, I repair the area first).

Any suggestions on which repair compound to use. I was just going to use a thin layer of standard BONDO w/hardener(as I have some on hand). A thin coating and then sand/clean, prime/paint.

The lower area in question is firm and steady(not flexable) and I don't think that the standard BONDO will easily crack unless hit hard again.

In other words, I'm just going to dummy up the front bumper(lower chin area) to make it look nice again. And she is going to have to use caution when parking which she now has done.
smile.gif

Any suggestions and questions are welcome.

Thanks,

CB

Last edited:
Head on down to your favourite auto parts store and you'll find several brands of
bumper repair kits with bumper specific filler.

Repair it to be strong from behind.
Make it look pretty in the front.

All sorts of fiberglass and bondo types at parts stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back