Rental Review: 2024 Cadillac XT6

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Just completed a three day rental of a 2024 Cadillac XT6. Very impressive vehicle, significantly refined over its Chevrolet Equinox counterpart, which I have rented numerous times.

The XT6 was quiet, confident, ran very balanced. Powerplant was not a rocket, but easily can get any job done

Also want to add the accident avoidance features worked extremely well. Not overbearing, but on target if what is beneficial.

Only three negatives. The gauges were hard to read, to include fuel gauge. More concerning is the 160-mph speedometer. It is a 2/3 circle speedometer, already a small circle, so very hard to easily differentiate between let's say 30 mph and 40 mph. All three rear view mirrors are undersized, making rear visibility a concern. Finally, the climate control buttons appear to be super cheap, reminded me of buttons used on 1980s vintage disposable calculators.

If I lived in a southern state, or southwestern state and wasn't going to keep the car for over five years, I would definitely consider buying a 2024 XT6. Having a retired friend who purchased a new Cadillac high performance sedan about 15 years ago, he traded it in for a kia after discovering Cadillac techs in his area weren't competent to service/repair. So, I would want confidence in the dealership service department as part of the decision-making process but suspect this being a cousin of the equinox it should not be challenging to service.

Thumbs up to GM on this XT6, very pleased with this vehicle.

Last edited:
Would you buy a new XT6 or one you could rebuild? ;)
Only new. Most if not all of the vehicles I rebuild have the potential of outliving me as a daily driver without much effort. I suspect I will outlive a XT6 if I make it for ten+ more years.....

Back