Removing Sign In Drop Down List

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
Does anyone know how to remove the Email choices list in the pull down that shows up when I go to log-in on a website that wants my email address? Example shown below.

This is in Firefox, and I looked for settings but couldn't find anything that worked. I tried clearing all cookies on the website this is happening on - no luck.

1646462779527.jpg

Try going into Settings, and then Select Privacy and Security, and finally select Logins and Passwords.

Under the Logins and Passwords, if Autofill Logins and Passwords is check marked, or if Suggest and Generate Strong Passwords is/are check-marked, but you cannot uncheck the boxes, then Check the Box next to Ask to Save Logins and Passwords... . Now you can uncheck the other boxes, and then be sure an uncheck the box next to Ask to Save Logins and Passwords/

Close Firefox and see if that works.

Try going into Settings, and then Select Privacy and Security, and finally select Logins and Passwords.

Under the Logins and Passwords, if Autofill Logins and Passwords is check marked, or if Suggest and Generate Strong Passwords is/are check-marked, but you cannot uncheck the boxes, then Check the Box next to Ask to Save Logins and Passwords... . Now you can uncheck the other boxes, and then be sure an uncheck the box next to Ask to Save Logins and Passwords/

Close Firefox and see if that works.
Tried what you suggested, but it didn't make any difference. Thanks - any other ideas?

1646474519222.jpg

What happens if you click on the box “saved logins”. Isn’t that where you can delete all your currently saved usernames and passwords?

What happens if you click on the box “saved logins”. Isn’t that where you can delete all your currently saved usernames and passwords?
It's empty - see screen shot below.

What I'm seeing is log-in email addresses (not log-in passwords) that have once been entered on a specific website (some are erroneous), so any time I go to log in to that website, as soon as I click on the window the drop down pops open with the email addresses I want to remove from the drop down - see post #1.

1646476675290.png

Maybe this will work. Under Settings >> Privacy & Security >> scroll down to History, Click the “Clear History” box, then select the Time range to clear menu, select Everything, and then make sure the box “Form and search history” is checked.

Attachments

• 73F3A546-D9BE-4EAB-8D55-3F4A3B682D5E.jpeg
    73F3A546-D9BE-4EAB-8D55-3F4A3B682D5E.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 10
Hyundai Respecter already suggested my #2 idea. Beyond that, I'm currently out of ideas.

Good Luck!

This seemed to work at the Mozilla support forums:

You can use these steps to remove saved items from an autocomplete drop-down list.

1. click the (empty) input field on the webpage to open the drop-down list
  2. highlight an entry in the drop-down list with cursor Down key
    do not click the mouse or press the Enter key
  3. press "Delete" or "Shift+Delete" to delete the highlighted entry
Note that hovering with the mouse doesn't work.

Back