Released; Ubuntu 15.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, thanks! I have not yet gotten the upgrade notice on mine, I am running Ubuntu MATE 15.04. I will do the upgrade as soon as I get it!

I'm never sure about upgrading. On one hand, I'm pretty happy with how 15.04 has been working for me; on the other hand, I'm a sucker for new things!

Originally Posted By: NateDN10
I'm never sure about upgrading. On one hand, I'm pretty happy with how 15.04 has been working for me; on the other hand, I'm a sucker for new things!

Other than an updated kernel and some new versions of most packages, there isn't much to report as new in the main version of Ubuntu. I have not seen any reason to use anything other than 14.04 until 16.04 is released. These incremental interim releases have been unusually boring given Canonical's attention to their phone and cloud projects. It seems that the MATE version might be worth checking out; but even the Gnome and XFCE spins haven't done anything dramatic since 14.04. Kubuntu, I believe, is now using the Plasma 5 desktop.

The fixed scroll bar issue is enough to upgrade; I would like to meet the person who thought disapppearing sliders was a good idea; You cant find the slider until you mouse over the bar. Duh. It is like going to a shooting range and have the targets show up after you've discharged the gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back