Rehab a 2000 Buick Regal GS, 250,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
From your original description this vehicle does not appear to be in great shape.

Considering it’s age/mileage, my recommendation is to keep the oil changed and only address any safety related items.

"Originally Posted By: das_peikko
That was a lot of work describing how to get the door panel off. All for nothing.

This Tlhfirelion dude is now black listed. No more help from me. I'm done.

Next time you got a question and I got the answer, crickets is what you'll get!"

My apologies that my family emergency got in the way of me replying in a timely manner. I do hate to inconvenience others.
Thank you so very much for your reply. It was very helpful and for you to grace my post with such detail and eloquence, and all in exchange for a mere thank you! Your angelic attitude is testament to what a wonderful person you are. I tip my hat to you sir and hope your day is filled with joy and happiness. When you get home this evening, please remember me as you light some candles, draw a warm bath, and proceed to go screw yourself.

Last edited:
This is something that I have been considering. It's usually an around town car but if it can be saved for under $500 then I think it is worth doing. Plus I like to help my folks out, they've done a lot for me over the years. It's kind of fun to tinker with cars as time allows.

You mention two things I totally forgot, the brake fluid and hoses. Also power steering fluid. I have extra of both that will work for GM cars so I'll suction out and replace them bleed brakes as well. Thank you

I am always grateful for helpful replies. His, like yours and many others have been very helpful. The internet and vehicle forums like this one have saved me a lot of heard earned money and time. I'm always grateful and try to show my gratitude. Sometimes, more pressing matters prevent a timely response. In case I've missed replying to you, let me say it now; Thank you.

Now that this little emotional cry fest is over, can we get back to discussing manly things like oil and Buicks? lol

wow, thats cheap for an engine. Drop the bad boy in and drive it another 100K. I've never put in a new engine, always sounds really complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back