Redline Website doesn’t recommend their oils

I have a 2012 Toyota Prius V and noticed recently that Redline didn’t recommend any of their 0w20 oils for the vehicle. I randomly put in other vehicles like 2015 Honda Accord, 2010 Toyota Camry-and they only listed transmission fluids, their new coolant, and fuel additives. I then put in car always wanted a 2009 Bullitt Mustang and they did suggest their high performance oil for that…I know Redline high performance oils are best suited for those types of applications, but for years they recommended the viscosity suited for any type of vehicle…Wondering what happened if anything that caused the change… besides potential problems with Catalytic Converters-which all vehicles have… maybe got complaints with direct injection vehicles… May call Dave and ask-he always seems so relaxed and happy-have to get in right frame of mind to ask and see if can detect any evasion of the question..😊Curious if anyone else noticed this when looking up products for their vehicle.

Their web site is broken, and they refuse to fix it and update it. It makes some weird recommendations for certain vehicles. It is what it is. You can use RL 0W-20 in your Toyota.

Their web site is broken, and they refuse to fix it and update it. It makes some weird recommendations for certain vehicles. It is what it is. You can use RL 0W-20 in your Toyota.
There are plenty of alternatives similar in quality to RL these days. I refuse to give money to a company that has clear mistakes on its public face, it’s website. I’m not talking a simple misspelling, I’m talking flat-out wrong information like you mention, PDS/SDSs severely outdated, etc. I think omission is less of a sin than laziness in these cases.

I understand that website quality and product quality are generally 2 separate things; but when the most public view of the company and its products is allowed to be incorrect for significant time I question “is anybody there really paying attention to their quality procedures if stuff like this stays for so long?” That’s just my take.

I’m not saying absolutely that these failures/oversights have affected a company’s product quality- but doesn’t it make you wonder?? Attention to detail is important across the board!

Lubestream - P66’s marketer interface - has been broken since 2009. We’ve been told it might be fixed in 2025. 😂

So redline’s website being off doesn’t surprise me at all.

There are plenty of alternatives similar in quality to RL these days. I refuse to give money to a company that has clear mistakes on its public face, it’s website. I’m not talking a simple misspelling, I’m talking flat-out wrong information like you mention, PDS/SDSs severely outdated, etc. I think omission is less of a sin than laziness in these cases.

I understand that website quality and product quality are generally 2 separate things; but when the most public view of the company and its products is allowed to be incorrect for significant time I question “is anybody there really paying attention to their quality procedures if stuff like this stays for so long?” That’s just my take.

I’m not saying absolutely that these failures/oversights have affected a company’s product quality- but doesn’t it make you wonder?? Attention to detail is important across the board!
what are alternatives to Redline 0w20? I like their oil because of the high HTHS (2.9), most of the other oils i seen are in the 2.6 range.

Lubestream - P66’s marketer interface - has been broken since 2009. We’ve been told it might be fixed in 2025. 😂

So redline’s website being off doesn’t surprise me at all.
This is so sad. In the current market, a website is necessary, and one that works and has correct and current info is, I believe, important. If nothing else, it's the face of the company. I liken a broken or poor website to many of the dirty and torn awnings I'd see on shopping streets in NYC. Is that where you want to spend your money and do your shopping?

Parenthetically, several months ago I noticed a small typo on HPL's site ... a couple of letters in a word were transposed. I mentioned it to Dave, he was grateful, and in a couple of days, when I checked back, it was fixed. It was a small thing, but it showed attention to detail and care.

You know the grade you know the spec, pick it yourself. How much hand-holding do you need?
This isn't a 475 HP alky-burning F.I. 302 SBC in a Trans-Am Camaro

The website works just fine for my "Oddball" ford vehicle

I am read a lot of unnecessary RL trashing with HPL onboard.

DISCLAIMER: I do not currently and never have used RL products

I will say I find their 0W20 for the Prius is too pricey for an API-SP lubricant in my opinion

Last edited:
You know the grade you know the spec, pick it yourself. How much hand-holding do you need?
This isn't a 475 HP alky-burning F.I. 302 SBC in a Trans-Am Camaro

The website works just fine for my "Oddball" ford vehicle

I am read a lot of unnecessary RL trashing with HPL onboard.

DISCLAIMER: I do not currently and never have used RL products

I will say I find their 0W20 for the Prius is too pricey for an API-SP lubricant in my opinion

Note that their "Professional" series is just P66 or Kendall in a different bottle.

I don't go to Red Line's website, or any other, and look for their recommendations. Know what you need and buy what you want.

It works now :unsure:

It says to use their 0w20 :)

rlprius.jpg

Is Kendall more of a blender than a refiner?

Kendall is a brand of P66 lubricants.

P66 Lubricants consists of their “power of two” primary marketed brands:
Phillips 66
Kendall

They also have:
Redline
Smart blend automotive chemicals

On the fuel side, you can see:
Conoco
JET

P66 has ~11 refineries still. They have 6? At least in house blending facilities for lubricants. The only thing they don’t really have in house is grease manufacturing. (Not many people do anyways.)

Note that their "Professional" series is just P66 or Kendall in a different bottle.
That makes it a terrible value but likely marketing needed to cover ILSAC lubes like RP does with their API stuff.

"Just P66" is also Genuine Honda fill and Motorcraft lubricant so not junk by any means - but nothing extra-ordinary.

I am excited with the HPL 10w20 release. I have been imagining that as a lube I would want if I was King.
Too bad and too late my Ford 2.0L is hurt now. I'll just Just be limping by with QSFS 10W30 again in the Spring or possibly try ESP 5W30.

Back