Redline 5-30 3348 miles Dakota 4.7 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our '00 Neon w/60,000 on it (~8,200 on the oil). The sample's going to his local Cat lab. Something's gone amok with fuel economy in the last couple thousand, so perhaps there will be a clue in the oil. Didn't drain the oil, though.

Nice. Look forward to seeing the UOA.
smile.gif

I don't know what Terry would say about this particular Dodge engine, but I would think he'd at least have to entertain the notion that it's just a bad combination of an engine with a tendency to accumulate moisture and an oil with the same peculiar habit.

Molakule mentioned earlier in this thread that he believed (based on the info available in the thread) that the engine has a rusting problem. That makes sense...

My problem with Redline is that it just seems like a bad return on one's investment. I think that Mobil 1 and Amsoil are too, but RL seems to turn in the worst UOA's of the three, and it costs the most.

We don't get enough specifics from those presumably in the know to justify or explain what we see in the typical Redline UOA. Why must it be so clandestine, so esoteric? I'm a firm believer in the old adage that if you cannot explain something in layman's terms, you don't understand it.

So with that said, for my part I must trust the wear metal counts in the UOA's as the best indication of whether the engine is being protected--or not.

Dan

I think that we are discussing Red Line more that the UOA. Would some one start a new post in Auto engine oils so we can discuss this oil by itself.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back