Barium: 5

Sil: 19

Boron: 17

tbn: 8.6

Tan 2.51

Oooooook.

21.gif

35.gif

All the moly we expect along with the not so politically correct z/ph levels. Looks like a great oil.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Oooooook.

21.gif

35.gif

What is the meaning and purpose of this communication? ooooook? I don't get it, can someome tell me the inference or question here?

Nice job of testing for TAN. Interesting that the TAN is almost exactly the same as the Redline 5W30 VOA posted elsewhere by buster. Someone said this may be due to the sulphonates that redline is using.?

I also noticed that Tin is 3. Does anyone know if redline is using Tin Napthenate as an additive? I wonder if this is the source of "elevated" (usually 2 or 3 ppm) that sometimes people refer to as wear in some redline UOAs?

John, what lab is this one from? TBN is very close to what redline claims (8.4 I believe) but my blackstone TBNs have been about 11 for redline 5W40. Don't know if it is a Blackstone method or what that causes that.

Oooooook.

21.gif

35.gif

I am still waiting for someone, anyone, to decipher or translate this communication for me? [censored] is he asking, or saying?

Originally Posted By: johnbottilaw
Oooooook.

21.gif

35.gif

What is the meaning and purpose of this communication? ooooook? I don't get it, can someome tell me the inference or question here?

Yip. Yip. YipYipYipYipYipYipYipYipYipYipYipYip!
YipYip.jpg

Originally Posted By: saaber1
Nice job of testing for TAN. Interesting that the TAN is almost exactly the same as the Redline 5W30 VOA posted elsewhere by buster. Someone said this may be due to the sulphonates that redline is using.?

I also noticed that Tin is 3. Does anyone know if redline is using Tin Napthenate as an additive? I wonder if this is the source of "elevated" (usually 2 or 3 ppm) that sometimes people refer to as wear in some redline UOAs?

John, what lab is this one from? TBN is very close to what redline claims (8.4 I believe) but my blackstone TBNs have been about 11 for redline 5W40. Don't know if it is a Blackstone method or what that causes that.

Redline 5W-40 is one of their Diesel rated oils, and has a higher starting TBN by design according to their literature.

Originally Posted By: saaber1

Tin is neither dirty pipes or an additive. It has to do with the ester supplier. I only mention it because the speculation here has been ongoing forever and people love to cheap shot Redline with the dirty pipes theory. This oil scares the tar out of competitors, and with good reason.

oops

here is my response to the tin question I missed and accidentally posted back in the question

Tin is neither dirty pipes or an additive. It has to do with the ester supplier. I only mention it because the speculation here has been ongoing forever and people love to cheap shot Redline with the dirty pipes theory. This oil scares the tar out of competitors, and with good reason.

Originally Posted By: johnbottilaw
oops

here is my response to the tin question I missed and accidentally posted back in the question

Thanks for clearing that up. I have wondered where the Tin was coming from.

What's with all the silicon (19)? I had PP 5w-30 in my car for 6 or 7 months, and the Silicon only came back as 17, which was the universal average. But this Red Line is suppose to be virgin oil.

I thought high silicon usually equated to dirt getting into the oil from a loose air intake duct or loose PCV intake hose. Red Line isn't using silicon as some sort of additive, are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back