Red Lobster considering Chapter 11 bankruptcy, citing losses from “Endless Shrimp”

Red Lobster still exists? I'm sure I've passed one in the recent past but I honestly do not remember the last time it actually registered with me that I passed a Red Lobster - maybe 35 years ago?

Red Lobster still exists? I'm sure I've passed one in the recent past but I honestly do not remember the last time it actually registered with me that I passed a Red Lobster - maybe 35 years ago?
Yup was at one in Clovis NM about a month ago and the food was great....BUT the prices sure have gone way up....

Get my fat arse nephew and customers like him in there and they would have gone bust years ago. At over 380lb the guy is a holy terror to buffet restaurants, an absolute disgrace.
Have a mom & pop place that does AYCE catfish on Friday. They raised the price 2X last year and 1X already this year … 🤷
I see pigs load plates three times - I get one plate …
If I ever see the manager - have a thought 💭

Yep, mostly near malls. They even have a commercial advert campaign out...

Might be New England has a lock of seafood and it isn't worth their while there. But there are a few locations here in Upstate NY and PA, but definitely have retracted location wise as even being near a mall isn't what it used to be. There's three here now when I think they might have had double those locations in the 90's, also one just over the border in Canada nearby...

Get my fat arse nephew and customers like him in there and they would have gone bust years ago. At over 380lb the guy is a holy terror to buffet restaurants, an absolute disgrace.
Queue Simpsons episode with the Frying Dutchman seafood buffet.

Red Lobster is the King of overpriced tasteless food imo. Olive Garden is the Queen. I can see the hype for the biscuits, but I'm not big on biscuits unless they are slathered in sausage gravy, so they have no appeal to me.

Decades ago I didn't live anywhere near a Red Lobster. I would see the commercials for shrimp scampi and think to myself - man, that looks better than anything I've ever made (as a child of Louisiana, I've cooked and eaten a LOT of shrimp) so when I moved to my current location, I went to Red Lobster and ordered shrimp scampi.

I never went back except a couple of times when I wasn't paying. I think I've eaten there 3 total times.

Love to see them go out of business. Never cared for it. The Midwestern diet of potatoes 🥔 and steak is not a meal; it's a way of life. Before anyone starts hollering about vegetables I acknowledge their importance to the meal also. Sitting on the sideline as a garnish. Although I did have a garden salad 🥗 with French dressing last night.
(I gave up nicotine and beer) so I gotta have something to fall back on 😆

Just got back from Red Lobster. I am never eating there again. Way overpriced and meh tasting food. They got my order messed up and I spent nearly $100.00 for wife and I drinking water. So long RL.

You'd think that after a year or two of losses, they'd raise the price or stop the promotion.

Back