Red Line 75W110, 13k mi OCI, 139k mi, Cadillac CTS-V

All mileage is in kilometers not miles. Notes from oil slip: "Regular summer and winter driving in northeast US and Canada." Next fill is Red Line 75W110.

It looks like the UOA is getting worse for my LSD. Should I plan for it to fail soon? It has an oil cooler and pump installed but I don't usually run it. Maybe if I run it more often it will help with the wear? (I doubt it though).

Q433062.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for posting. Why the high Iron number? I use 75W-90 in my Durango and now I'm thinking "maybe I shouldn't have".

I'm not really sure why the high iron numbers. I also used Red Line 75W110 for this UOA, not 75W90.
That's the problem with RedLine, the UOAs tend to be weird. I use all their fluids in 3 vehicles. One of them is my mom's. I'll end up switching all of them to HPL, I just feel more comfortable with using products made by a more transparent blender.

Thank you for all of your other UOAs as well. I wonder how the diff looks like on the inside. :)

Clutch based. Is there a point to a rebuild? I'd just keep a spare on hand and swap it out when it fails.
Save some money, keep yourself busy? 🤷‍♂️ - though you could spend that time making money, so... 🤔

Clutch based. Is there a point to a rebuild? I'd just keep a spare on hand and swap it out when it fails.
Well if you want to retain the limited-slip feature of a LSD then ya you need to replace the friction disks or like you said you can have a replacement on hand. BTW.....When these fail they perform like an open diff.

i too use and like redline + switched from amsoil years ago but considering HPL unless i find another great deal on redline drivetrain lubes. their MT-90 shifts great + 75-90 gear oil works as well in the rear.

Back