Recommended Oil for 2010 Mazda CX-7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: xXStefanXx
My average after 450 miles in 18 mpg 70/30 city/higway

ouch. that's why I didn't go for the CX-7 2 yrs ago when I was looking. great looking car (I still think it's cool), nice power, but a CX-9 gets better mpgs. and the 7 req premium.

Originally Posted By: mpvue

ouch. that's why I didn't go for the CX-7 2 yrs ago when I was looking. great looking car (I still think it's cool), nice power, but a CX-9 gets better mpgs. and the 7 req premium.

That's the turbo version though. I don't know about in the US, but up here in Canada there is a base version of the CX7 with a non turbo 2.5L 4 cylinder and it gets over 23 MPG city. I'd love to get a CX7 for my wife someday actually.

Originally Posted By: mpvue

after 2008 they did a ECU update on cx7 so now you can run 87 also with a little performance decrease. The millage in the CX9 is not even close to CX7. For AWD CX9 is actually 15-21.I have a friend who is driving the Cx9 and he's averaging 16 miles per galon. Turbo cx7 is rated at 17-23

Non turbo CX7 is much better ...20-28 but is only on FWD. I prefer to spend an additional 280-300 $ plus for gas per year and have my fun

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back