Recommended automotive LED online retailer?

Howdy, folks!
Hope everyone's having a restful Sunday :)

Recently I've decided I'd like to upgrade a few bulbs on my Honda to LED.
The main ones I'm looking to do are:
-Rear signal (I know I'll need a resister to prevent the hyper-flash)
-License plate lights
-Interior dome and map lights.

With the plethora of online offerings, I'm a little confused as to who's reputable (especially for those also located in Canada).
Years ago I purchased a few for my 07 Focus for a very low price and they ended up being garbage a short while later.

This time around I'm fine with spending a bit more, but I'd also like to ensure I'm getting decent quality bulbs.
Does anyone have a recommended retailer?
I'm fine with purchasing anywhere in North America, but would prefer a retailer in Canada or US.

thanks in advance!

Led made by VLed's last extremely long. They have a very well designed passive heatsink built into them so they do not get too hot and burn out.

Leds by a company called precision leds do not last long. They burn out.

There are LED compatible blinker relays which will blink normally with LEDs.

Interior dome/lights.... check your local autopart store. I don't care to be blinded by my map lights, or her 'make-up' light when driving at night. So, I am 'selective' LED and use a more acceptable kelvin. No overly blue eye blinders in my vehicles' interiors.

LEDs don't flood well. They will be directional and not fill a reflector or lens. So, you might get a bright spot vs a dull surround/distance/flood, which might be needed for certain reflector/lens.

I've also upsized by using/modifying the larger 921 LED in the smaller 168/194/2825 locations too. Tried pretty much every brand/style over the years in dozen or so vehicles, besides installing for too many to remember them all.

I don't see the need for super bright license plate bulbs. So, again.... local autopart store LED selection are plenty bright. This way, the witnesses will have no problem ID'ing you when fleeing a crime scene.

Turn signals... doubt any meet lighting requirements. So, match the LED color to the lens cover for turn signals and brake lights. Do NOT use a white LED bulb behind colored lens. I was content with Vleds for some products, and a couple cars in the driveway have the zevo red brake light bulbs that work perfectly at night time and brighter during the daytime(important in this sunny state).

Too many brands tend to be overhyped because they simple (re)sell alibaba idiotproof kits for specific year/make/models and sponsor various make/model forums.

Superbrightleds were nothing special. They didn't keep up with the competition. I think autolumination falls into that category too.
Vleds can be hit or miss sometimes and often pricey compared to others.

I was happy with the Sylvania LED Zevo and Philips Vision and Ultinon LED bulbs from Autozone/oreilly's/advancedauto/napa/walmart/onlinestores.

I've have used most brands online and some of the LED bulbs tend to be annoying with longevity or brightness, this includes the fancy brands, pseudo-USA made brands, and overhyped brands to sponsor!

Would be smart to state year/make/model and specific bulb numbers when asking for LEDs.

I would say that selective picking on Amazon/ebay/aliexpress would be better than 'fancy brand' kits.

Back