Recommendations For Wobble Drive Extension

Following.. Glad you posted this.

I've been pondering this as well. Not sure if I want a set of wobble extensions or wobble universals. All I've got is some conventional universals (not sure what to call them).

Besides a spare 3/4" lug nut socket, these are the only HF socket-related tools I own and they have been fine:

Sunex is another, often mentioned brand but you didn't tell us what sizes you need, drive size(s) and length(s).

All of mine are SK. They've been good. Proto are also good. Here are the part numbers to search:

1647630881809.jpg

Looking for a set that won't break the bank, and HF parts can stay at HF. I don't like busted knuckles.
Thanks gents
How much torque are you going to be putting on a wobble extension? My 1/4 set is Snap On and they’re great but my cheap seldom used 3/8 set is Companion. You know the really crappy stuff Sears sold for those too cheap to buy Craftsman. I’ve never had an issue out of those when I’ve used them.

If it’s really requiring some breakaway torque I always go for a pinless swivel socket on a standard extension instead of using a wobble extension.

I could swear I have some Companions, too. Whatever they are they're super annoying because they're supposed to be "dual mode" where if you push the socket on a bit more it locks into a square drive making it a traditional extension.

Well, FFS every time you're trying to line up a wobbly socket with a fastener you have to push on the extension a little, so then it goes from wobble to just basic extension. Really dumb design

I have been very happy with Proto,remember that the machining technique makes them just a bit weaker.

I went Kobalt for my wobble set. Excellent grips made into the shafts. No slop. They fit nice into a variety of brands of sockets that I have. Taiwan not China if that matters.

My son is a diesel mechanic and he bought me a set of Snap-On 3/8” locking wobble extensions. They are excellent. He also bought me a set of combination wobble / ridged extensions. The locking ones are much better for something that requires a lot of arm to break loose.

Back