Recommendations for PAR-38 flood light bulbs?

Looking for recommendations for a pair of PAR-38 outdoor flood light bulbs. One of the cheap ones that came with my house already burnt out, maybe looking at getting led to save power but the ones I'm seeing on Amazon have crazy mixed reviews.

The Philips look okay if I just go with standard but seeing if there's anything I'm missing? Base supports upto 120w.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210805-173732_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210805-173732_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 10
Home Depot has some PAR38 “equivalent“ (LED does not need the aluminum reflector) …
I used Cree and they were fine …

I would be a bit careful using cheap LED in outdoor environment if you have extreme heat, cold, or moisture. Check reviews and see what is the common failure and location of the review.

I would be a bit careful using cheap LED in outdoor environment if you have extreme heat, cold, or moisture. Check reviews and see what is the common failure and location of the review.
I used them on a coastal bayou so I know some can manage moisture …

I used to use the Phillips regular Par 38 lamps at my workplace and it seems that I was always replacing them. I can't remember how often, but it seems like every 9 to 15 months. They are on timers (adjusted to daylength) and run daily.

4 years ago I went through the entire LED comparison thing with the intention of buying a "better brand". I ended up buying the cheap four pack at Home Depot and they are all operating fine at 4+ years of daily operation. -20 to +90 F degrees and no problems.

Mine were Eco Smart 90W equivalent, bright white. It looks like HD is selling some no-name brand now.....maybe covid related supply issues. Lowes seems to have a good selection of GE LED Flood lamps and Menards has Sylvania.

Last edited:
I used to use the Phillips regular Par 38 lamps at my workplace and it seems that I was always replacing them. I can't remember how often, but it seems like every 9 to 15 months. They are on timers (adjusted to daylength) and run daily.

4 years ago I went through the entire LED comparison thing with the intention of buying a "better brand". I ended up buying the cheap four pack at Home Depot and they are all operating fine at 4+ years of daily operation. -20 to +90 F degrees and no problems.

Mine were Eco Smart 90W equivalent, bright white. It looks like HD is selling some no-name brand now.....maybe covid related supply issues. Lowes seems to have a good selection of GE LED Flood lamps and Menards has Sylvania.

Menards is closest to me so I'll probably gamble on their stuff

Back