Recommend oil for 2011 Camry LE ???

I'm "Overfilled" with clearance oil and planning to "oil it forward" to a business acquaintance of mine who has helped with with my business for last few years(He's saved me $$$+$$$). So all I know is he picked up a 2011 Camry LE. Only thing is not sure the mileage or if its a V6 or 4cyl. This is more of a surprise so didn't dig deep into his car that much

Any advice on what weight and oil to use ?? So far I found out it takes 0W20 from factory but thinking with POSSIBLE high mileage + Summer heat and being a decade old possible 5W-20 be okay ??

Dave

What's the nature of the ask here. Do you have a bunch of 5W20? I had a 2012 Camry 4-cylinder. I used 5W20 because I had it. Worked fine.

It looks like you're in Texas. 0W-20 has been specified by Toyota for over a decade and there hasn't been any oil related failures in the millions of Camrys sold since 2011.

With your climate, I highly doubt you'll see any difference between 0W-20 and 5W-20. It's basically your friend's preference.

It's a Toyota--will it matter?

I ran TGMO 0W20 for I dunno, 100k? Then some PP 10W30 (which it would use a qt over 10k) (only used in summer), then onto M1 0W20. I'm not sure but for the last 50k I think I've been using ST 5W30 FS. Maybe longer. I'm not sure if it's better than 0W20 but I sleep better at night.

It's a Toyota--will it matter?

I ran TGMO 0W20 for I dunno, 100k? Then some PP 10W30 (which it would use a qt over 10k) (only used in summer), then onto M1 0W20. I'm not sure but for the last 50k I think I've been using ST 5W30 FS. Maybe longer. I'm not sure if it's better than 0W20 but I sleep better at night.
Oh my goodness 10W-30 in a CAFE car and it didn't die instantaneously 😎

You should see my signature, but if it gets extremely cold, 5w20 or 5w30 should work. Don't use 20w50.

Awesome thanks guy's :cool: (y)

I'll give him some of my surplus 5W-20 mostly my Valvoline nexgen.I really have no use for it. I just picked it up cause they were "peanuts on the dollar" lol !!

I was 95% at 5W-20 for his Camry I just wanted some extra opinion's lol

Dave

Back