Recommend an impact screwdriver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the market for a simple impact screwdriver for loosening stuck philips head screws. Looks like I can get a HFT one for about $7, but I'd like one that is halfway decent. Any suggestions?

I think I would try the HF one. I just looked and it gets good reviews. For the price it could be a cheap way of getting out of a jam. If it is junk, you are out 8 bucks. I actually might pick one up now that I read the reviews and seen the price.

Get a cheap one.
There is nothing Hi Tech about an impact screwdriver, Just brute force.
I've had a cheepie 35 years, it's the tip that takes the abuse.

Originally Posted By: expat
Get a cheap one.
There is nothing Hi Tech about an impact screwdriver, Just brute force.
I've had a cheepie 35 years, it's the tip that takes the abuse.

Definitely get good bits. Non impact bits will wear out quickly.

I have the HF one. I bought it to get rotor set screws off a new/used car. It took a few minutes to figure out how it worked and it needed some oil and working in.(I'd never used one before) But it worked, so for $7 it was worth a shot.

Awesome guys. Glad I asked. Hazard Fraught Tools is good for some stuff.

My Harbor freight one has gone through quite a few jobs and hammer blows and still works great.

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
My Harbor freight one has gone through quite a few jobs and hammer blows and still works great.

I just picked up the Harbor Freight one this weekend. I have no jobs planned for it yet, but it appears to be well made. I might take it apart and grease it up a bit. Seems good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back