Reasonable cost for PPF?

I got a quote from our local detailer for PPF work and it breaks down like this:
$1400 includes-
wash, iron, clay, polish entire car
apply PPF to front bumper, fenders, hood, side mirrors

Is this a reasonable cost for the work? The car is 2019 Honda Fit. The paint is still in pretty good shape and we'd like to keep it that way.

It'll likely need some touch-up paint before PPF.

Is the PPF cut on a plotter or is it custom cut on the car with wrapped edges?

The way things are right now that Fit is probably worth MSRP. (y)

Question: do many people put PPF on several year old cars or is it normally done when new and perfect?
It is easier when new and "perfect" but there is no reason not to have it done to a well cared for used car.

Is the PPF cut on a plotter or is it custom cut on the car with wrapped edges?
It all depends on the installer. Custom cut can be worse than pre-cut unless the installer is very very good.

Pre-cut patterns with the edges extended can be the best of both worlds. Of course, all of this depends on the quality of the patterns.

What color is the car?

Just got back from SEMA. There were over a dozen PPF and vehicle wrap vendors there. They had a guy wrapping a hood with a timer going. The hood was on a stand and he had it done in 11 or 12 minutes. It was impressive. I’d personally skip the PPF on that Fit.

I had the same question on my 2005 Corvette. The front bumper cover was getting quite a few rock chips since I purchased the car brand new. I had the red front bumper cover repainted. I then checked the price of the PPF and it cost more than the bumper cover repaint. It is a reasonable cost for the work on your Honda Fit however you need to decide if its worth it.

Attachments

• %xJ4e2dbTtmz+XMX+ieUkw.jpg
    %xJ4e2dbTtmz+XMX+ieUkw.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 6
Waste of money on a Honda Fit.
I understand why some people may think this, but I would disagree with the sentiment.

If the Honda Fit makes my wife happy and looking at it brings her joy, then we're going to want to take care of it so that she can enjoy the car as long as possible. If it was my car I would say the same thing.

Also, keep in mind that ppf is not a one-time event. Plan on replacing the film every 5-7 years, especially on white cars, due to deterioration.

There is always a risk of paint peeling when film is removed, even on factory paint. It is not common, but it does happen....and more so with certain makes.

It all depends on the installer. Custom cut can be worse than pre-cut unless the installer is very very good.

Pre-cut patterns with the edges extended can be the best of both worlds. Of course, all of this depends on the quality of the patterns.

What color is the car?
It is yellow. Does the color matter for PPF?

Back